• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
There is no need to post misleading posts from another source without providing the full context.. We have enough to deal with here. Lol.

How many times do I need to say I wrongly attributed it to the SWCC facebook page Teresa? 3 or 4 times isn't enough for you????????

Your problem not mine! But attributing something to me that I never said is BS!!

I'll own my screw ups!

P.S. It wasn't misleading it is what it is and I quoted it!

Last edited:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Why does the community of South Walton (your community) discriminate against African Americans? If the media starts to focus on WHY South Walton is exclusive against African Americans do you think they will think it is funny or respectful? You might want to think about this really hard...

I think there will be an abundance of humor, with the North being laughed at, but not with.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I think there will be an abundance of humor, with the North being laughed at, but not with.

I doubt African Americans will see the humor in their exclusion from the South Walton Community. I doubt the media will be laughing and will demand to know what is behind those in South Walton accusing those in North Walton of racism. The demographics is what it is. Good luck with your humor.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I see no trashy people comment on A Better South Walton Facebook page. There are very few posts or comments in general. Perhaps it was removed as it should be. And I'm betting it was a sarcastic comment made by someone who thinks they know the hearts and lives and minds of those who live and work here.

Some of the comments about African Americans in South Walton I've seen here today are truly and unbelievably ridiculous. That is the nicest way I know how to put it. Spoken by someone who does not know our families, kids, people, schools, workplaces, or anything else about this unique town filled with leaders, unique minds and open hearts,. Not to mention people from all over making this the best place to raise a family, many of which are interracial, gay, minorities, single moms, construction workers, hospitality workers, traveling business people, restaurant owners,.... and all of which are awesome from every economic level. We're a young town and growing. The residents living here are making a difference and working hard to build a great community. It has always been wide open with many opportunities for those willing to work and build their dreams. We are not the vacationers with big bucks. We are real people living and working and committed to this place.

Jdarg has already mentioned trashy people in several of her posts. You seem to always know what is in the hearts and minds of people so please answer the question, why is there not ANY effort to increase the numbers of minority groups in South Walton.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
It appears that mputnal3 was the one insinuating that it was a statement from SWCC, without even reading it. When in fact it was a post on a completely different site. There's substantial amount of misinformation going on.

I have not insinuated anything. You on the other hand love to insinuate that those who support the Confederate Flag and Southern Heritage are racists. You have helped divide this County. Good luck with that.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
It is just a suggestion. As the Hwy 331 bridge increases it's capacity why not increase the diversity in South Walton if that is the goal of those wanting to remove the Confederate Flag. Would that not be an acceptable compromise? In other words diversity is the answer not symbolic flags. Symbolism is in our mind. Diversity is more effective in changing our minds. I am of course assuming that this is the goal of those wanting to remove the Confederate Flag. I am not yet sure that is their goal because in my little poll of asking questions about diversity in South Walton I have received zero response. It is quite shocking actually because of the sharp divide between those who want to remove the Confederate Flag out of respect for African Americans and those who would like to keep as their memorial to Confederate Soldiers and Southern Heritage. The logic in those wanting to respect African Americans only holds true if they are genuine in their desire to increase the diversity in South Walton and show real respect to African Americans by inviting them to their community. So far my poll does not show that to be true but I could be wrong. If I am wrong now is the time to speak up for diversity in South Walton. Silence on this will only reveal some other agenda on those that want to remove the Confederate Flag. You just can not show respect if you can not produce equality and diversity in your own community.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011