• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
African Americans spoke.They were heard but not no one listened.

There is a lesson to be learned here...don't go to a BCC meeting and show your ass and expect the BCC to comply with your unreasonable demands.

Listen they did...for well over 3 hours.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Teresa, how many hours of listening did you want them to do. Do you think Walton County Commissioners are racist because they chose to take the battle flag down and fly the original Confederate Flag. If so, just say it.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
MP, attacking is not my way. I have listened to everyone and considered every perspective here. And learned much.

You are making a lot of assumptions again. Your inflammatory posts only reflect on you. Every post you make is an attack. I won't be reading or responding to any more of them. Life is too short.
South Walton County diversity. Terese votes NO.

So far my poll shows that Teresa, Lake View Too and Cuff vote no on South Walton diversity. I guess they are happy with the lack of African Americans in their community.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
African Americans are living and working in North Walton at very close to the national average even with the Confederate Flag waving at the courthouse. Why is there not more opportunity for them in South Walton? I can list dozens of ways that you can change this if you wanted to.

The South was more heavily populated with African Americans than the North during the time of slavery. I guess it was because of all the opportunity the South had to offer.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
Again the implication that decisions were made before the meeting . Again the implication that black citizens of Walton County are too stupid to have opinions with out "some outsiders" (ooooooo scary) telling them what to think or feel. Yes the commissioners are racist. Thought for a minute during the so called deliberations that we had an Atticus Fitch on that board but he backed down as soon as Commander and Meadows started waving their pictures that they brought to the meeting. No doubt they talked to someone before the meeting but it was not African Americans .

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

NOT on government property.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
The South was more heavily populated with African Americans than the North during the time of slavery. I guess it was because of all the opportunity the South had to offer.
Slavery is over. Move on to answering the question about diversity in South Walton. Is that a NO vote?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Again the implication that decisions were made before the meeting . Again the implication that black citizens of Walton County are too stupid to have opinions with out "some outsiders" (ooooooo scary) telling them what to think or feel. Yes the commissioners are racist. Thought for a minute during the so called deliberations that we had an Atticus Fitch on that board but he backed down as soon as Commander and Meadows started waving their pictures that they brought to the meeting. No doubt they talked to someone before the meeting but it was not African Americans .

You might be hearing from them soon. Good luck!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Next time Michele, try not to be so demanding and don't threaten the BCC with sanctions if they don't do your bidding. It didn't work out for you.

I didn't imply that the black citizens are to stupid to have their own opinions but they did allow the loud mouths to speak for them didn't they? How many gave up their time to speak so that you, your husband and the NAACP could threaten sanctions and boo and hiss opinions you didn't agree with??

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
When did Cuff turn into a woman named Michele? This is confusing.

Probably about the same time I became "Missy" or "Linda"! :D