• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Let me fix it for you...

And+The+World's+Smallest+Violin+Began+To+Play.jpg

JoeWormwood

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2008
Now I confused. What do ugly toes have to do with violin, and how is that to do with the slave flag? Also, why did the person take the violin from the crying baby, and does the baby even know how to play the violin?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Exactly ! When I watched that dog and pony show of a meeting I heard things from the pro rag group like, " that flag reminds me of my grandmas fried chicken " and " that flag to me is about hot days". . Did not make that up watch the video. Pathetic and beyond ignorant. They can not define "heritage " beyond some notion of holding on to a war we lost and glorifying slavery. Signifying nothing but the vain glory of pigmentation and some kind of inferiority that insists on white supremacy.

A few months ago we had the privilege of meeting the woman who would shape the life of our grandson as he embarks on his formal education. Other grandparents and parents went out of their way to exclaim how lucky our boy was to have drawn this woman as his teacher. I don't dare describe her in detail for fear that some on this site might know her. She would not want attention and my words might put her at risk. But what a regal, self effacing , loving , intelligent soul she is. I don't know if she will change my grandsons life but she surely has changed mine.

I stumbled on this site and this issue . As an old guy , that my daughter sometimes calls Babbitt (ouch) , who would have thought that I would have become so impassioned ? Well Mrs... gets the honor and blame! And my daughter and wife and of course the boy. This boy will know the sordid history of our south. He will most certainly know what " heritage" means in our lives, ie, music, food, and style and the greatest regional voices in the world : William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, Delmar Haynes, Carson McCullers, Harper Lee, Tennessee Williams, Cormac McCarrthy, and Donna Tartte to name only a few. And I have read them and thought I had some empathy, despite what my daughter might say, (ha) but until I met Mrs. ... did the lights go on.

How in the world do we allow that despicable rag fly in her face ? How in the world can my grandson possibly respect and honor her while that ugly symbol spits at her simply because of her pigmentation? Why in the world would we want to hoist a symbol of bondage that demeans anyone? On government property ?

I am not ready to vote for Bernie Sanders . hahah. But because of that mockery of justice those callous chicken sh... commissioners held and because of comments on this page and mostly because of Mrs....and because I want my boy to be better than me I might start listening . ( ok my daughter just read this and might need the squad). .
The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Not on government property.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Not on government property!

Thank you Cuff. Beautiful story.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
With all due respect to my friends on both sides of this issue - can someone give a reason for taking the flag down that has NOTHING to do with slavery or racism???

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
With all due respect to my friends on both sides of this issue - can someone give a reason for taking the flag down that has NOTHING to do with slavery or racism???

It's really ugly.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The Confederate flag stands for the Confederacy. The Cornerstone of the Confederacy was slavery. It was clearly stated by the founders of the Confederacy. It really is that simple.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Its your lie, tell it your way LVT.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It's in the Cornerstone speech of the Confederacy. All of you can look it up.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
This is the excerpt:

~Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

This is what the Confederacy was based on. This is what the Confederate flag represents.