• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JoeWormwood

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2008
This is the excerpt:

~Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

This is what the Confederacy was based on. This is what the Confederate flag represents.

That was their way of saying "Black Lives Matter".

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I seriously doubt that the majority of southern families owned slaves. And for many southerners not everything representing the Confederacy is a symbol of slavery and hatred. Some of the remarks I've read from some of those on the "correct" side of this issue show prejudice against southerners who are proud to be born and raised in the south. But if being proud of being a southerner makes me a redneck fine.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
I seriously doubt that the majority of southern families owned slaves. And for many southerners not everything representing the Confederacy is a symbol of slavery and hatred. Some of the remarks I've read from some of those on the "correct" side of this issue show prejudice against southerners who are proud to be born and raised in the south. But if being proud of being a southerner makes me a redneck fine.

I'm very proud to have been born and raised in the south. I would be much prouder if a horrid symbol was not flying at the courthouse.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'm very proud to have been born and raised in the south. I would be much prouder if a horrid symbol was not flying at the courthouse.

Move.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Cuff,

For someone who is so proud to live here you sure have a pee poor way of showing it!! You have called local government chicken shi*, ignorant Bubbas and others racist, hate filled bigots...people I might add, you wouldn't know from Adam's a$$ if you passed them on the street.

Just curious....how much more venom can we expect from your "proudness"?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Cuff, For someone who is so proud to live here you sure have a pee poor way of showing it!! You have called local government chicken shi*, ignorant Bubbas and others racist, hate filled bigots...people I might add, you wouldn't know from Adam's a$$ if you passed them on the street. Just curious....how much more venom can we expect from your "proudness"?

How much more venom can we expect from you? How many chips are you carrying on those shoulders? #bittermuch?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
How much more venom can we expect from you? How many chips are you carrying on those shoulders? #bittermuch?

Actually jdarg, you haven't seen ugly but I can be just as nasty as you and the lot who agrees with you and many of your racist views. You folks simply can't get over that a decision was made that doesn't suit your agendas. And most of you will continue to pi$$ and moan about it because you're incapable of of recognizing not everyone shares your views.

The harder you push, the harder others will fight back.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
P.S. The flags still flyin!! :D

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
We'll see. The fact that it is still flying is so pathetic on so many levels.

Keep whining jdarg...you're making the case for not being able to move on.