• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
Weird construction going on this property.

If it is this parcel (#08-3S-19-25000-004-0030, I'm not sure if the waltonpa.com link stays live from the search, but if so, this is it: Walton County Property Appraiser's Web Site)

According to that, it looks like the deed had action on 01/31/2015 transferring from "CRYSTAL BEACH DEVELOPMENT OF DESTIN, LLC" (of which ODOM, JAY A is listed as a partner), to GENRE HOLDINGS LLC . However, it caught my eye that the address for both the parties involved in the deed transfer is exactly the same. A Google search shows Jay Odom as the manager of "Genre Holdings LLC" so this looks to be the same developer, it also shows a Robert O. Beasley as related to Genre Holdings. Does anyone know if this project is going to be built out as this thread suggested a few years ago? Never thought I'd see a "conference center" here. :blink:

The speed and number of new construction/corporate developments during the last 12 months or so throughout the area is pretty surprising to us. It seems unsustainable given the current infrastructure, but that doesn't seem to slow anyone down. Was this what 2003-2006 was like around here?

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Cannot wait until all those folks flow on Grayton Beach and collide with the local car traffic. Next, will be a call to remove all vehicles and then I am sure there will be a call for the county to build bathrooms and parking. With mixed emotions, we just sold our Grayton home and unfortunately I believe we timed it just right.
Bathroom and parking at Grayton Beach would be a good thing. And soon.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
If it is this parcel (#08-3S-19-25000-004-0030, I'm not sure if the waltonpa.com link stays live from the search, but if so, this is it: Walton County Property Appraiser's Web Site)

According to that, it looks like the deed had action on 01/31/2015 transferring from "CRYSTAL BEACH DEVELOPMENT OF DESTIN, LLC" (of which ODOM, JAY A is listed as a partner), to GENRE HOLDINGS LLC . However, it caught my eye that the address for both the parties involved in the deed transfer is exactly the same. A Google search shows Jay Odom as the manager of "Genre Holdings LLC" so this looks to be the same developer, it also shows a Robert O. Beasley as related to Genre Holdings. Does anyone know if this project is going to be built out as this thread suggested a few years ago? Never thought I'd see a "conference center" here. :blink:

The speed and number of new construction/corporate developments during the last 12 months or so throughout the area is pretty surprising to us. It seems unsustainable given the current infrastructure, but that doesn't seem to slow anyone down. Was this what 2003-2006 was like around here?

Back then it was all about flipping. Now it's all about tourists. Of course we are also getting a lot of new permanent residents.

The project has morphed a bit. But the scope of it has always felt like the end of the sweet little ole Grayton we all know and love.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Will their beach shuttle busses( like red bars) be permitted to drive right to the water,where a beach vendor will help you unload and settle into your Front Row beach umbrella setup? Then maybe Shortys will deliver you a nice lunch and cold drink beach side.....winner winner crowded beach dinner