• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Judges here would only recuse themselves from a local effort to have this thoroughly investigated. Moving it to another County, it could actually disappear altogether as other cases have done with the players involved.

Bringing in the feds is almost like an act of Congress.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
I wonder why Mrs. Harris wasn't called in front of the grand jury. She seems to know what the county is doing wrong.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Or could be they did not want to know what all Scott told me.
I don't think the Grand Jury would have ignored what all Scott told you...I think... had the Grand Jury not been a personal witch hunt perpetrated by Bill Eddins or that if he was really willing to get to the bottom of all the dirty politics that have transpired in this County, the Grand Jury would have heard MUCH MUCH more than the directives they were given.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Greatest thread ever, so dang informative I wish it'd never end. And no way can I believe that only 1 accounting error has occurred. Bet a whole bunch of these parcels have "Special Tax Rates" and just a little loose change can affect the keyboard strokes. No sane or lawful person catches that mistake and then fails to act on it unless it benefits them directly and more than once. Smells more like SOP and if the info in these previous pages are to be believed, then only the FEDS can right the ship. The inside network has it covered, they got a majority on BOCC, inside people in planning and code and WCSO, Media and a tax funded legal Team. Even the New England Patriots are jealous and taking notes of the cheating in this County.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Today is the day!
Tuesday, October 13th at the South Walton Annex Boardroom the County will take up the issue of the Grand Jury report.

Rumor has it this is going to be the "hottest" BCC meeting in the history of Walton County!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Waiting on more info regarding the bomb Hudson dropped tonight...that's going to be interesting.

The jest of the meeting was the BCC didn't see it as their job to reprimand Meadows and Larry, they agreed to address the findings of the GJ in regard to improving the planning dept and looks like they are not opposed to the Auditor General coming in. Chapman sorta kinda voiced his opinion that the GJ report was a "witch hunt" without using those specific terms and C. Jones actually attended the meeting albeit she sat there with her mouth closed for the most part looking like the proverbial child caught with her hands in the cookie jar. It wasn't even brought up that she had done the same thing in regard to Catalano being hired (opportunity lost to point the finger in the direction it deserved to be pointed in) and your friend (lol) had a few choice outbursts for Imfeld.

Meadows held her composure and the meeting didn't denigrate anyone too unfairly.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I thought Imfeld did a good job as chair to explain and outline what they are going to do and it is definitely a positive development that they are going to finally try and fix the LDC and the comp Plan. Meadows showed a lot of class and Chapman and Commander explained reality to everyone. We elect commissioners and when we have a problem we want action not "call staff." Some of those who complain the most about "commissioner interference" are the ones who call them the most demanding some sort of action. I thought I would fall out of my chair when Chapman said you could get a grand jury to indict a monkey, but he is absolutely right. Everyone skirted all around saying the GJ was a witchhunt and C Jones tried to defend it to no effect. And no one wanted to get into the DFS payments.