• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I get the impression this is one of those "this is the way its always been" things and the scandal hinted at isn't there. I'd bet Imfeld and plenty others knew, but again "this is the way its always been". It's clearly a cost savings and I applaud Bob for finding it.

Absolutely! We do differ on whether or not there isn't a scandal. It's scandalous enough knowing that most of them knew and flat out denied knowing what they clearly did.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I want to Thank Joyce Sunday for challenging me to dig a little deeper concerning the payments to the City of DeFuniak Springs.

I went on line and reviewed their audited numbers for the Road and Bridge payments. Records since 2006 were available on-line.

The 10 year total distributions are:

Total - $ 644,160

In addition I made an additional contact and discovered that a meeting between representatives of the Tax Collectors office, the County Attorney and the City Attorney was scheduled in July to research and discuss this issue. After committing to attend the City Attorney, Clayton Adkinson did not attend.

I am currently writing to State Senator Gaetz providing ALL of the documents, email and texts in my possession seeking a change in the areas of concentration for the forensic and operational audit to include ALL departments of Walton County government.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I want to Thank Joyce Sunday for challenging me to dig a little deeper concerning the payments to the City of DeFuniak Springs.

I went on line and reviewed their audited numbers for the Road and Bridge payments. Records since 2006 were available on-line.

The 10 year total distributions are:

Total - $ 644,160

In addition I made an additional contact and discovered that a meeting between representatives of the Tax Collectors office, the County Attorney and the City Attorney was scheduled in July to research and discuss this issue. After committing to attend the City Attorney, Clayton Adkinson did not attend.

I am currently writing to State Senator Gaetz providing ALL of the documents, email and texts in my possession seeking a change in the areas of concentration for the forensic and operational audit to include ALL departments of Walton County government.

Thank you very much! It was my hope this is where all this was leading!!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Also, thank you Joyce Sunday!!

Bob wrote

Are you surprised by that? I often walk past those fancy new accommodations and wonder how the hell a defense attorney could afford such spacious digs when the majority of the population North of the bay is mostly indigent, retired and working poor individuals just trying to keep a roof over their heads and other local attorneys are working out of rented spaces.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
What are the chances for a Grand Jury Investigation for this mess? Surely if the State Attorney wants to "witch hunt" he could pursue an old rival.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I think those of us not living in DFS owe Bob Hudson a huge "thank you" for bringing this to light.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I think those of us not living in DFS owe Bob Hudson a huge "thank you" for bringing this to light.

Those of us who do live (at least those of us who don't like who is actually running DFS) are thankful as well!!

I'm very confused by the monetary figures posted here and trying to get clarification but something tells me there is a hell of allot of money that has exchanged hands over the years and the City (IE) Clayton Adkinson has some explaining to do over all of it, not just the budgeted money. Where is the rest of it?