• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
MominStL, I live in BMB, which is close to Grayton State Park. I have not noticed Red Tide for at least a week. Come on down and enjoy are wonderful restaurants and activities. Welcome!

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
Really bad here in BMB where I live just a few hundred feet from the beach. As soon as I step outside, I feel the throat irritation and start coughing.

MominStL

Beach Crab
Nov 18, 2015
Someone just told me that, years ago, they were in Maine and red tide was bad. They ate shellfish that they believe was contaminated with red tide. They became deathly ill. If that can happen, is it safe to eat seafood while we are there? How can we tell if it is ok or not?

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
Thanks! I caught a nice keeper redfish and whiting last night, a HUGE bull red, another nice keeper red and the biggest pompano I've ever caught in the surf today. Red Tide? How about these insane flies??? I'm ok because I wade out pretty far to throw my rig and then put on long sleeves and pants but it's awful for my wife. We got a bottle of Catus Juice this evening and I hope it makes a difference. They tell me it's the North wind and it doesn't look like it is going to change any time soon.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
Whoa! This red tide is getting darn near intolerable. I don't see much in the news.

I walked my dog in the state forest yesterday and then returned via bike trail to old blue mountain beach. My dog and I sneezed the whole way back.

Read this article from the Sun Herald:

"Marine scientists at DMR and the University of South Mississippi agreed the blooms are quickly becoming the worst red tide ever recorded in the Mississippi Sound and possibly the northern waters of the Gulf of Mexico"

Read more here: Red tide algae strikes Coast, poses health concerns, officials say