• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
John G (and others),

Voting with one's pocketbook is a good way to let SBA members know how the public feels about the self-serving perfidy of their self-appointed and self-important leaders. Please, one and all, post the names and businesses of those SBA members so all can know whose business to boycott. If the leaders of that group want to run roughshod over those who oppose their selfishness, let's return the favor. There are many good choices in restaurants and other businesses besides those represented on the SBA. Let's patronize them instead.

Lloyd, Bonnie, Cecilia and the rest need some payback. Arrogant sanctimony has a way of ticking me off, and I'm not going to let this slide without doing all I can to wrest control from the forces of darkness that have reasserted themselves after having their butts kicked by Suzanne and Cindy. Those two ladies deserve all the praise they received and more. They need our support, now and in the upcoming election. It's time for good government to come to this county, and Cecilia, Imfeld, Chapman, and Sara have become an even bigger part of the problem. Cecilia told Cindy they were going to take Cindy out. Let's take Cecilia and her friends out instead!

second wind

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2013
Watched the video . Cindy Meadows is THE rock star ! Very proud to have her as my County Commissioner, she truly represents the people. I think it's safe to say that Commissioner Jones is most likely embarrassed and ashamed of her public potty mouth, as she should be.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
WZEP

Walton County Board of County Commission meetings have always been lively, and Tuesday evening's meeting at the South Walton Annex was no exception. The annex meeting room was at full capacity for the special meeting at 3 p.m. held to appoint members to volunteer committees.

However, from appearances, most were present for the vote on the Planning Commission appointments — specifically, to have a voice in whether District 5 Commissioner Cindy Meadows' appointee, Suzanne Harris, would be reappointed. The drama began earlier in the week when Meadows was alerted that the cards were stacked against her in the upcoming vote.

Meadows then sent out requests for the public to come out and show their support for keeping Harris. Many did come out for that reason and spoke on her behalf. However, others were there to speak against her. In the end, though, it was up to the five sitting commissioners, and from all appearances, their minds were made up, and could not be swayed. Meadows made the motion to reappoint the controversial Harris. Chairman Sara Comander seconded the motion, but the three remaining — Bill Chapman, Cecilia Jones, and Bill Imfeld — voted against the reappointment, resulting in shouts from the audience noting that the commissioners would be up for re-election and might not fare well.

"This was strictly retaliation, coming because I announced that I would run for Imfeld's seat," Harris said afterwards. "I won't go away. I will be at every meeting." Harris has been outspoken at many of the county's government meetings in the past, and has sued the county and its officials for violating Sunshine Laws.

She most recently won such a lawsuit in October. Meadows stated that her appointee being shot down brought back memories of her own tenure on the Planning Commission when she was pushed out, which resulted in her running for and winning the seat on the Board of County Commissioners.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Here's a start to a connect the dots...

Franks Cash & Carry (grayton beach) = small business member. Also the owner, was one that was appointed to a committee, go figure. Owner is / was a SBA board member.

SBA President L. Anchors = Dune Allen Realty / Rentals in Dune Allen. His big brother is none other than State Attorney, Greg Anchors, the one that led the farse of a Grand Jury up in DFS.

Gary Shipman, Dunlop & Shipman Law Firm (grayton beach). Represents Loyd Blue.

Oh yea, isn't there an ACTIVE civil case involving Blue and the now ex-committe woman Harris? There sure is.

Absolutely no agenda here on the part of SBA and the four BCC Members...

Wake up people, nap time is over.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
OMG!! This was the first BCC meeting that my wife and I have attended. I am simply aghast at the unprofessional behavior. Now I am rethinking the whole idea of separating from Walton County and having our own government.

Our lone commissioner is simply unable to compete with the northern cabal. They use south Walton rental income like a pimp uses prostitutes. So little of that money returns to our communities south of the bridge. As a result we are suffering from overdevelopment and lack of infrastructure to keep our residents and visitors safe and happy.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
OMG!! This was the first BCC meeting that my wife and I have attended. I am simply aghast at the unprofessional behavior. Now I am rethinking the whole idea of separating from Walton County and having our own government.

Our lone commissioner is simply unable to compete with the northern cabal. They use south Walton rental income like a pimp uses prostitutes. So little of that money returns to our communities south of the bridge. As a result we are suffering from overdevelopment and lack of infrastructure to keep our residents and visitors safe and happy.

You can't separate the county. You can either leave it as is, work together or take over the BCC.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Whoa, this is not a "northern cabel." whatever else it is. The people running this show are from the south, whether you agree with them or not. Open Matt J's link and then tell me how this can be blamed on the northern citizens.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Whoa, this is not a "northern cabel." whatever else it is. The people running this show are from the south, whether you agree with them or not. Open Matt J's link and then tell me how this can be blamed on the northern citizens.

Danny you know as well as I do that the "northern cabal" thing is a distraction to keep the majority fighting.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who never leave the south end are so knowledgeable about how the north end is supposedly paved with gold.

In fact I believe the numbers presented by the WCTA about funding and expenditure percentages in the county is grossly misreported.

Jones was almost entirely supported by the SBA in her bid for election and is simply doing their bidding. Trust me that they have not begun to leave bodies by the wayside.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
Yes, Danny, I do see your point. I am relatively new to Walton County having moved here a few years ago from Minnesota.

I will say that the northern citizens are benefitting disproportionately from additional development here in south Walton.