• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I'm looking for furniture to update our cottages a bit. Where are the best furniture places to shop in the 30A, Destin, Panama City area? I like high-quality, real wood furniture that will last a long time and hold up to rentals. Frankly, the furniture I have in them now would last another 20 years but it's just time to update the cottages a bit. The renters have been great and the cottages have seen only normal wear and tear - no more wear and tear than we have in our home. Need a dining room table and chairs, console or bureau to put the TV in the living room on, two living room very comfortable side chairs (wood, bamboo or wicker - not upholstered though cushions are fine), bedroom bureaus and bedside tables. Recommendations? Thanks.

Ethan Allen Destin

Beach Comber
Sep 25, 2013
www.ethanallen.com
I'm looking for furniture to update our cottages a bit. Where are the best furniture places to shop in the 30A, Destin, Panama City area? I like high-quality, real wood furniture that will last a long time and hold up to rentals. Frankly, the furniture I have in them now would last another 20 years but it's just time to update the cottages a bit. The renters have been great and the cottages have seen only normal wear and tear - no more wear and tear than we have in our home. Need a dining room table and chairs, console or bureau to put the TV in the living room on, two living room very comfortable side chairs (wood, bamboo or wicker - not upholstered though cushions are fine), bedroom bureaus and bedside tables. Recommendations? Thanks.

Please contact us at Ethan Allen in Destin. We are know for our quality furniture that will last a very long time. Also, 70% of furniture is made right here in our North American plants. We offer free house calls to help the process. We can be reached at 850.837.8000 or info@destin.ethanallen.com. We are located at 36062 Emerald Coast Parkway (1/4 mile east of the Destin Commons.) Thank You!!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I went to Beau interiors today and thought it was great. I'll try Ethan Allen in Destin on Monday. I don't want furniture that will only last 10 years. I want timeless furniture that won't go out of style and holds up to the natural rhythms of everyday beach life. The kind of furniture that is cushy and feels like home and can't get a bit worn and look better for it. Real wood and materials. It's getting harder and harder to find this kind of furniture today. The kind of furniture on which nicks and scratches are signs of good times spend with family and friends.

mvy

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
I went to Beau interiors today and thought it was great. I'll try Ethan Allen in Destin on Monday. I don't want furniture that will only last 10 years. I want timeless furniture that won't go out of style and holds up to the natural rhythms of everyday beach life. The kind of furniture that is cushy and feels like home and can't get a bit worn and look better for it. Real wood and materials. It's getting harder and harder to find this kind of furniture today. The kind of furniture on which nicks and scratches are signs of good times spend with family and friends.
Haus of Abood in the Alexander Building on 30-A in Seacrest Beach.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
We updated our rental house a few years ago and had the dining table, bench, and sofa table custom made by Will at Kathleen's cottage. Very reasonable prices and they have held up great. They are distressed wood so nicks don't show and finished so that placemats aren't required. No water rings are left in the finish. We love them and so do all our guests. Will can make any type of table and will make it to your dimensions. Our couch came from Haus of Abood. Got some unique wall art from Retail Therapy. But most of the artwork, which made a huge difference in the house, came from Overstock.com and Ballard.com. Got a few smaller furniture pieces (dining chairs, bar stools) from overstock too. So far they are holding up fine, but you have to be selective in your choices. Would have loved to have artwork from local artists but we were on a budget.

fmpriest

Beach Comber
Sep 6, 2009
Hi Paula, Pizitz & Cottage has many high quality items you can choose from to update your cottage. Starting February 6th, Pizitz will be offering 30% off all LEE Industries Special Orders if you are also needing any upholstery items. Pizitz is located in Seaside right next to Modica Market. Please stop by and see us next time you're in town.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If you're okay with buying online, I really like Room & Board. Good quality, timeless comfortable design, almost entirely American-made except for some lamps and rugs, and ships flat rate nationwide for a very reasonable rate.

They're based out of Minnesota.