• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Love that picture with the nice beach access that's actually not on the developer's property (yet).
Article in Beach Breeze Wednesday says the 2.2 acre beach parcel is part of the development. The article says the project was approved by planning commission.

Last edited:

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Article in Beach Breeze Wednesday says the 2.2 acre beach parcel is part of the development. The article says the project was approved.
Thanks for the update. The developer must have closed on the beach parcel recently. I was going off of the Walton County Property Appraiser's map, which still shows the old owner.

second wind

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, the family caved and now walk away with millions. Which is their right/choice. This new community has gone through 7-8 revisions with probably more to come. The developer knows how to lobby the right folks and was successful overturning the 250 ft buffer rule between residential preservation neighborhoods and commercial development. And more changes are coming. Sand Cliffs had a beautiful beach and a old Florida feel to its neighborhood . but now will need to share with the new development across the street.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah, the family caved and now walk away with millions. Which is their right/choice. This new community has gone through 7-8 revisions with probably more to come. The developer knows how to lobby the right folks and was successful overturning the 250 ft buffer rule between residential preservation neighborhoods and commercial development. And more changes are coming. Sand Cliffs had a beautiful beach and a old Florida feel to its neighborhood . but now will need to share with the new development across the street.
Yeah I would be upset if I suddenly had 100+ new neighbors (from one lot) on my quiet beachfront sub. Alys Beach can't be too happy either. They should have bought it for a buffer. I wonder if there was any effort to pool money from sandcliffs owners to buy it.

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
I like the residential area, but there seems to be a lot crammed into the area closest to 30A. Is that a multi-story parking garage directly north of the beach access? And since when are parallel parking spaces allowed on 30A?

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I like the residential area, but there seems to be a lot crammed into the area closest to 30A. Is that a multi-story parking garage directly north of the beach access? And since when are parallel parking spaces allowed on 30A?
There is parallel parking in other places on 30A. Most of the southern buildings is likely commercial. Probably the northeastern portion is wetlands. Anytime you see developers designating an area as "open to the public" it is usually areas they can't build on and are trying to turn a negative into a positive without it costing them anything.

If there is a pool open to the public as mentioned you will probably see a flock of pigs soaring over the dunes like seagulls.