• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Chiringo announced official opening for Thursday, Mar. 31 at 5pm. Starting Friday Apr. 1 the restaurant starts serving lunch and dinner from 11:30am to 10:00pm with complimentary valet service.

Chiringo is located in downtown Grayton Beach in the old Shorty's building across from The Red Bar. The renovation is extensive, opening up both upstairs and downstairs to the outside for views and for the feel of an outdoor beach bar. The new look is still casual but stunning at the same time. I'm loving the oyster bar just as you step inside where you can sit and order oysters and fresh juice cocktails. The downstairs bar is awesome too all the way down the room and open to an exterior bar along the front of the building. Must see this new twist. The upstairs is open like the old days though there are more big homes blocking some of the gulf view. Still, it's quite nice to sit upstairs in the open air and see the Gulf and feel the breeze.

The menu will begin with a relatively small selection and grow over time. You'll find fresh grouper sandwich, hand cut fries, shrimp basket, cold raw oysters, burger, Bomba Rice Bowl with mojo pork or grouper, shrimp cocktail, salads and a kids menu. The rice bowls are amazing and quite unique for our area. Pricing ranges from average and up for SoWal dining.

160309-grayton-003-sowal-2000.jpg

From Chringo
Chiringo (pronounced Cheer-Ring-Go) is a casual beachside eatery and bar offering a delicious blend of coastal cuisine from around the globe with a strong Southern influence. Modeled after the small beach bars that inhabit Southern Spain, Chiringo combines their energetic, coastal vibe with the fun, funky atmosphere of Grayton Beach.

Located across from the Red Bar on Hotz Ave. in the former location of Shorty’s Surfside Topside, Chiringo fuses the energetic, coastal vibe of Southern Spain with the fun, funky atmosphere of Grayton Beach. Simple, fresh and flavorful.

The Chiringo menu is a delicious fusion of coastal cuisine from around the globe with a strong Southern influence. Every dish begins with the freshest ingredients. Organic proteins are complemented with fresh, locally sourced produce. From Paella Valencia to Mojo Pork, the menu celebrates some of the most popular dishes from beaches around the world. Small and large plates are ideal for sharing with family and friends. From locally caught fried seafood baskets to the Apalachicola oysters, the menu is simple yet diverse. Fresh Gulf seafood is prepared in a variety of styles, and with flavors ranging from spicy to savory. The kids menu ensures there is something enjoyable for every member of the family.

Behind the bar, fresh fruit and vegetables provide the basis for the most delightful juice drinks. Both healthy and delicious, fresh orange, pineapple, mango, strawberry, kale, spinach and cucumber, among others are blended in appealing combinations to create the most refreshing cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks. A diverse selection of beers, wines, sangrias, and spirits are also on the menu.

Chiringo celebrates life the way it should be–simple, fresh and flavorful. Come discover 30A’s newest hot spot. Visit chiringograyton.com to join the Chiringo mailing list to receive news, updates and special offers throughout the year.

Photos from our tour last week as the restaurant construction was almost complete...

chiringo-09.jpg

chiringo-15.jpg

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
You said the magic words: "Hand cut fries". If a place like this has those sucky "crispy" fries, I will not eat there. See Whiskey Bravo.

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
tide12, couldn't agree more - "hand cut fries" is the magic word!
(When we moved here we were surprised so many restaurants can charge $20-40 for a meal with frozen sysco fries. But they do - should be an embarrassment for the chefs, it is not much harder to run a real potato through a machine vs. opening a bag!)

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
So excited. The place looks fantastic. And we can't stand those frozen "crisp" fries with that horrible stuff on them. Shame on Whiskey Bravo for still serving them. Won't go back until they change. Hope when Seagrove Market comes back they change theirs. Horrible also. Won't go back there either. 98 BBQ's fries are still some of the best.

Can't wait to try Chiringo and their "Hand Cut Fries"...anyone have a menu yet?

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
This is from 4/1. It may have changed since then. Sorry about the orientation -- I can't seem to get it to rotate correctly.

20160401_081556.jpg

Lisalisa

Beach Comber
Jul 20, 2014
Decided to try it out Wednesday evening. Menu is limited but the food was fresh and service was good.

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
$15.99 for a burger?? Tourists may be ok with that pricinig, but that is a little out of my price range for a burger. Guess they are charging for the view too. Still, there are some burgers around here that are great burgers and fortunately for us locals, are still priced reasonably too.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
$15.99 for a burger?? Tourists may be ok with that pricinig, but that is a little out of my price range for a burger. Guess they are charging for the view too. Still, there are some burgers around here that are great burgers and fortunately for us locals, are still priced reasonably too.
I agree. Their drinks are also spendy, in my opinion. It would be nice if they had a happy hour.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
So excited. The place looks fantastic. And we can't stand those frozen "crisp" fries with that horrible stuff on them. Shame on Whiskey Bravo for still serving them. Won't go back until they change. Hope when Seagrove Market comes back they change theirs. Horrible also. Won't go back there either. 98 BBQ's fries are still some of the best.

Can't wait to try Chiringo and their "Hand Cut Fries"...anyone have a menu yet?
Agree 200%. I would like Whiskey but for those frozen crap fries. I've told them I WILL NOT EAT HERE AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU SERVE THIS GARBAGE.