• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
We are renting the Conch Cottage at 51 N Ryan. We have two kids - 7 and 6 - and will be driving so we'll have bikes. Who can tell me about the development?

Is any SoWaller's familiar with this house?

Is it family friendly/lots of kids? How's the beach crossover at that area? I hope it is not too steep. I fear the massive steps I've seen at Blue Mountain and the like. My mom will be with us (yay for free babysitting) and she's not elderly but i think she'd be intimidated by the massive steps at some of the tall dune beaches.

Is anything close to Summer's Edge in terms of food/eat? For those who have stayed at Summer's Edge, what's walkable? Where to bike? I *think* Seaside is not too far. Is that where most people bike to?

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
It is a nice neighborhood with restaurants not too far. Seaside is a few miles. Not an easy bike but not too bad. The beach access will be a bit crowded. Not steep no Bluff at all. Not even dunes. Near eastern Lake outfall and Lake which your kids will love. Will be lots of families.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
Thank you! Do you recommend using a beach service or having our own chairs? I read horror stories about the chair line ups at some beaches....

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We ride the bikes from Seaside to there and a little beyond to Watersound. Really not so bad BUT we do it early because it is a popular route for pedestrians and cyclists. There are several places to eat nearby on 30A whether you go east or west, but you'll probably want to drive most of the time. Ellen

Garner

Beach Fanatic
I am very familiar with that home (I was the listing agent when it sold last year) and the location (I used to live across the street). It's real easy to get to the beach from the home and your children will love the fact that one of the two neighborhood pools is between the home and the beach. When at the beach, you will, as someone stated above, be very close to the Eastern Lake outfall which is a lot of fun. Don't worry about the color of the lake water. It is naturally the color of tea due to the tannins from the pine trees which are all around the lake north of 30A. As to location and proximity, it's a nice bike ride to and from Seaside or The Hub, and all spots in between. You can also walk to Cafe 30A for dinner or a bit of a longer walk to Old Florida Fish House for lunch or dinner.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
Thank you so much! I'm in love with that house. Do you recall the houses adjacent to it that are also rentals? Our friends are interested in something as well but it's hard to tell from google maps.

It looks to be 2 blks to beach?

Garner

Beach Fanatic
Thank you so much! I'm in love with that house. Do you recall the houses adjacent to it that are also rentals? Our friends are interested in something as well but it's hard to tell from google maps.

It looks to be 2 blks to beach?
2 blocks is about right and most of the houses on the street are rentals. It is a really cute house with great outdoor space. I doubt you'll be disappointed!