• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
I should add that it tends to rain during many afternoons in August (sometimes for a quick 30 minutes, sometimes longer), and we nap or sit on the covered porch and read while it rains around us. We like that sort of afternoon.

Paula - how calm is the gulf that time of year? How clear? I want to paddle board.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We've been going to the Seacrest beach area in August every year since 2003, and I haven't noticed any changes over the years. Usually pretty calm. Of course, you should stay out of the ocean if there's a storm and there's a red flag, so you'll want to rent a place with a pool for those days. We just get a book/magazine and float around the pool on those days - in the evenings we watch the stars come out from the beach or a float in the pool. We paddled boarded for the first time last year and it was pretty awesome. One day, the dolphins joined one of our group. pm me if you have any other questions.

mbo222

Beach Comber
Oct 23, 2009
We make it a point to go there every year for the first two week of august. Over a decade now. The amount of people tends to decrease sig as the days progress as school goes back in session. The nights are long and pleasant. Its hot, but the gulf is usually accommodating. We frequent that area alot and outside of October this is one of our favorite times.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Another advantage of going in August if you can do it is that the rental rates change to the significantly lower fall rates around the 2nd or 3rd week in August. Quite frankly, I don't see any difference in the weather in July or August. But maybe locals do.