• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Now the girls anti bully site is "under construction" and down.
Hopefully it will be back up soon.

I'm waiting for someone to use Bob Wells' lifeguard addage and tell me it's "not their (teachers) job" to handle bullying...

Facts are facts, our school district has a drug problem and a bully problem. We spend lots of $ for SRO's but don't see any stats on arrest, incidents, etc. WHY?

Because the Queen needs to cover her arse a bit more before she moves on, that's why.

After seeing that video AGAIN, I have to ask why the videographer (kid with cell phone) was not disclipined and why the bully was not further disciplined for having her phone in class (clearly visible in back left pocket)?

All that video shows is that the children run that school not the "administration".

This could be a shining moment for one of those candidates to step up and tell it like it is and speak about how they'll fix it...

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Oh John G, think you are not seeing the differnce. That's ok, wouldn't expect it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Yes, the page is under construction and will be back online soon. Bailey wrote an article last year about bullying and the site has been taken down to add the article and some still shots of the attack. It's taken a little longer than planned because life, jobs and family sometimes take precedent.

I was surprised at how wide spread bullying is locally from the comments that have been left on the Guest Book page and how helpless people feel to help their children and to get it to stop. Hopefully this brings awareness.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Oh John G, think you are not seeing the differnce. That's ok, wouldn't expect it.

What difference?

The fact that public servants tasked with protecting people can't do as much as report a crime or violation that occurs in their presence???

I'm not asking them to get directly involved, but I do expect them to use their tax payer paid phone to make a call...

If is their own phone, then I'd hope we hire people smart enough to take action, unless they've been told to do otherwise...

Your opine Mr. Union Rep? (I percive you as a union rep based on your past posts).

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
John G...for crying out loud would you please stop it. Not everything has to be a pi$$ing match because you don't agree with each other. Trying to keep kids from bullying each other and 2 grown me go at each other over something that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Good grief!

Just so you know and understand...there was a teacher present (you can hear her on the video addressing the attacker) and the girl was suspended for 5 days. Since then, the mother of the victim has filed charges against the perp and according to school board policy there is a process to have her expelled. The mother of the victim has to allow the process to work.

To all of us (or at least those who have seen the video) it seems very cut and dry. Bailey was viciously attacked with malice, forethought and intent to do bodily harm, sucker punched actually and other students laughed about it and uploaded the video to Instagram which means they were also party to a physical attack.

The school is dealing with juveniles and even as much as I disagree with how this is being handled I'd like to see the process work.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
The video is appalling but this incident just happened. There are procedures in place to handle these issues and the accused has a right to due process. From everything I heard the school and the law enforcement have acted responsibly and within policy which is what is expected. I can think of no one who would support this type of behavior but I also know that the rules and procedures are in place to protect everyone. So give both the school and the judicial system time to work before you start throwing rocks and accusations around. I also think the young lady's parents are to be commended for bringing this behavior out to the public at large so that every parent has a chance to talk to their children about how onerous this type of behavior is.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The video is appalling but this incident just happened. There are procedures in place to handle these issues and the accused has a right to due process. From everything I heard the school and the law enforcement have acted responsibly and within policy which is what is expected. I can think of no one who would support this type of behavior but I also know that the rules and procedures are in place to protect everyone. So give both the school and the judicial system time to work before you start throwing rocks and accusations around. I also think the young lady's parents are to be commended for bringing this behavior out to the public at large so that every parent has a chance to talk to their children about how onerous this type of behavior is.

I agree Danny. Both parents (they are divorced) are not happy about the video being made public but the mother has remained adamant she doesn't want to see this happen to another child and the video has remained public. Bailey's site is currently under construction but I have been assured it will be back online despite protests from some.

With over 2155 hits on the video with almost as many shares including, many with comments, people are outraged at what occurred and rightly so but the process needs to work for it to be an effective deterrent.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
John G...for crying out loud would you please stop it. Not everything has to be a pi$$ing match because you don't agree with each other. Trying to keep kids from bullying each other and 2 grown me go at each other over something that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Good grief!

Just so you know and understand...there was a teacher present (you can hear her on the video addressing the attacker) and the girl was suspended for 5 days. Since then, the mother of the victim has filed charges against the perp and according to school board policy there is a process to have her expelled. The mother of the victim has to allow the process to work.

To all of us (or at least those who have seen the video) it seems very cut and dry. Bailey was viciously attacked with malice, forethought and intent to do bodily harm, sucker punched actually and other students laughed about it and uploaded the video to Instagram which means they were also party to a physical attack.

The school is dealing with juveniles and even as much as I disagree with how this is being handled I'd like to see the process work.
Thumbs up, on second paragraph down.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Thumbs up, on second paragraph down.

I thought you would appreciate the fact I didn't single you out for acting like a petulant child. :poop: :dunno:

So ungrateful.