• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I have some guests coming to rent our cottage in June and they asked me for recommendations for a fishing charter. We are in the Seacrest area. Do you have any recommendations that I can pass onto them? If I recommend a charter, I'll want it to be a very good experience for them, of course. Thanks!

Mike Smith

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
I would steer them to one of the charters that run off of Grayton beach. Good experience, close by, less time driving to fish, and have always caught a decent amount of fish.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Captain Larry Pentel with Deadfish Charters - see his Sowal Fish Tales column on SoWal.com home page. Also Captain Mike with Trigger Happy Fishing. Both are very experienced with offshore fishing charters out of Grayton Beach.

here are their SoWal profile pages in the business guide with photos, info, etc. They also have good websites by Kurt...

Deadfish Charters (Captain Larry)
Dead Fish Charters | SoWal.com - Insider's Guide for South Walton Beaches & Scenic 30A

Trigger Happy Fishing (Captain Mike)
Trigger Happy Fishing | SoWal.com - Insider's Guide for South Walton Beaches & Scenic 30A

Dead%20Fish%20Charters.jpg

These captains have been around a long time and know their fishing. Must book early though! There are a few more out of Grayton Beach who are experienced as well.

If you want a Destin or PCB fishing charter with boats going out of the harbor or marina, look at Captain Anderson's Marina or Destin Harbor!

We also like Captain Greg of Osprey Charters in PCB who will take you on a tour around Shell Island fishing, snorkeling, or just sight seeing. So many options.

Here is a fun video of Captain Mike Valentino (set to great music):

Last edited: