• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
"....Inventory is also very tight in Rosemary Beach, where I hear the principal complaint is that "There's nothing to buy" rather than "prices are too high."

There are 58 listings in Rosemary Beach and 57 sales in the past 12 months.

12 months inventory would seem to be a buyer's market.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
"....Inventory is also very tight in Rosemary Beach, where I hear the principal complaint is that "There's nothing to buy" rather than "prices are too high."

There are 58 listings in Rosemary Beach and 57 sales in the past 12 months.

12 months inventory would seem to be a buyer's market.

I've seen an article on SoWal somewhere putting the "line in the sand" at 7 months. That may be the case when you take into account all of 30A or all of 30A + Pt Washington, etc.

For the communities that have HOAs, strong rental interest, and amenities, we chew through that kind of inventory too quickly. We need a good 12 months worth, especially going into late May and June.

If you think this is a buyers market, I encourage you to go around lowballing sellers... see what they say.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
That makes sense. Especially when most of these are second homes and people don't have to sell.

I've noticed a couple of large lots that haven't sold in Inlet Beach. They are not in HOA's, however. I'm one of the few that prefers no HOA, I suppose.

Do you feel MLS #741246 and 741247 are over-priced?

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
I mean. What I see there is the opportunity to develop the property into like 4 separate parcels, gaining ingress and egress through the duplex compound to its west. If you can't do that, then I wouldn't look at it too seriously.

I wouldn't buy one without the other.

1.5M for the 2? Would you pay 1.75m for a house built on 1/4 of the combination of the two parcels? That's the price where it's attractive to a developer.

You can always DM me if you'd like to go over plats and review comps.