• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
....The walk on the beach is in no way an official event of any kind; It is only an idea. All people have the free will to choose to act on an idea or not. We all have the right to walk on the beach; no permit needed.

A businessman always tries to give himself an escape hatch from litigation - no difference here.

Dave, people thanked you for sticking your neck out in this matter. The reality is that you're not sticking your neck out but hiding behind the above disclaimer.

It's sort of like yelling "FIRE! FIRE! (in a theater)...just kidding."

So.....why don't you do this?

Start your hippie-dippie protest right behind your restaurant on the beach. Then split your group in two. Tell one group to go east, Tell the other group to go west. After about 100 feet of travel, instruct them to sit on the very dry sands of Seaside. Hopefully (for your cause) they call attention to their "plight" by being thrown off by local security and the WCSO. Let your flock begin to "learn" from this experience in YOUR BACKYARD as they ponder the meaning of blindly following someone as wise as you.

And I suggest that all the HOAs at Seaside are fully informed ahead of time as to your intentions and motivations so there is no misunderstanding. They should be fully aware of your feeling towards private beaches since you operate in their neighborhood and much of your business depends on revenue from those who rent in Seaside. Hell, I'll throw in Watercolor too since they are your immediate neighbors.

And if anyone gets arrested, you agree to pay for any and all associated legal costs (I probably just gave you a good idea for a way to elevate your pedestal).

Then, and only then, can one truly say you're sticking your neck out. And now, I fully expect you to have a large gathering.

Good luck. How's that for condescension?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant
Private citizen, beach lover, property owner, business owner

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
A businessman always tries to give himself an escape hatch from litigation - no difference here.

Dave, people thanked you for sticking your neck out in this matter. The reality is that you're not sticking your neck out but hiding behind the above disclaimer.

It's sort of like yelling "FIRE! FIRE! (in a theater)...just kidding."

So.....why don't you do this?

Start your hippie-dippie protest right behind your restaurant on the beach. Then split your group in two. Tell one group to go east, Tell the other group to go west. After about 100 feet of travel, instruct them to sit on the very dry sands of Seaside. Hopefully (for your cause) they call attention to their "plight" by being thrown off by local security and the WCSO. Let your flock begin to "learn" from this experience in YOUR BACKYARD as they ponder the meaning of blindly following someone as wise as you.

And I suggest that all the HOAs at Seaside are fully informed ahead of time as to your intentions and motivations so there is no misunderstanding. They should be fully aware of your feeling towards private beaches since you operate in their neighborhood and much of your business depends on revenue from those who rent in Seaside. Hell, I'll throw in Watercolor too since they are your immediate neighbors.

And if anyone gets arrested, you agree to pay for any and all associated legal costs (I probably just gave you a good idea for a way to elevate your pedestal).

Then, and only then, can one truly say you're sticking your neck out. And now, I fully expect you to have a large gathering.

Good luck. How's that for condescension?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant
Private citizen, beach lover, property owner, business owner

Hey! Vagrant, thanks for all you heartfelt advice!! And the compliments!! Goodness, come, join us for a lovely walk on the beach with your neighbors. Perhaps it will do you some good and help you wash away all that anger and bitterness. Love you brother; who ever you are. Just wondering, what is it about all these anonymous names everywhere? I wish people would show their faces when exhibiting so much bluster. I'm used to standing behind every word I say; I've never understood it.

Last edited:

Sweet Pot Pie

Beach Comber
Aug 26, 2013
Hey! Vagrant, thanks for all you heartfelt advice!! And the compliments!! Goodness, come, join us for a lovely walk on the beach with your neighbors. Perhaps it will do you some good and help you wash away all that anger and bitterness. Love you brother; who ever you are. Just wondering, what is it about all these anonymous names everywhere? I wish people would show their faces when exhibiting so much bluster. I'm used to standing behind every word I say; I've never understood it.
That's the trouble with the internet - people with 'issues' blast others hiding behind a keyboard.

Dave many thanks for doing what you are doing!

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
I take it that you don't like my idea about starting at Seaside.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
That's the trouble with the internet - people with 'issues' blast others hiding behind a keyboard.

Dave many thanks for doing what you are doing!
Nothing new. Some people are unhappy or were never taught manners. Or both. We all have different positions on certain isues which is great! It's all in how you express them. It's called being nice (not to mention following forum rules).

Last edited: