• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Snakes??!! I thought we weren't gonna talk about Trump on this thread.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Was out that way today, and it was mentioned how one of the turning points of So Wal going downhill was them putting in Watersound where the nude gay beach used to be.
Actually, it was Rosemary Beach that initially displaced the nekkid folks and caused them to migrate west. Then Watersound Beach happened. The only place they have to go now is Deer Lake, and the citations the rangers write are pretty graphic.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
Nude beaches??? And gulfront owners are worried about people walking on the sand in front of their houses?! Imagine if people were nude?! Great image and laugh for the day!!!

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Snakes in the sand, it's called a terrarium.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I've had it with these mothaf----n' snakes in these mothaf----n' dunes!

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Everybody strap in, I'm about to open some f----n' windows.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Snake lives matter.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
Actually, it was Rosemary Beach that initially displaced the nekkid folks and caused them to migrate west. Then Watersound Beach happened. The only place they have to go now is Deer Lake, and the citations the rangers write are pretty graphic.
And so the "historic" customary use for beaches at Rosemary and Watersound is... Just sayin'

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
I would simmer down a little on the beach sign thing here. Looks like they want to keep tourists (and especially their kids) off the dunes. The dunes are what stand between us and a hurricane surge. It drives me up the wall when a family from Atlanta lets their kids trounce all over them and the fragile plants that hold them together.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I would simmer down a little on the beach sign thing here. Looks like they want to keep tourists (and especially their kids) off the dunes. The dunes are what stand between us and a hurricane surge. It drives me up the wall when a family from Atlanta lets their kids trounce all over them and the fragile plants that hold them together.
Agree. We should all be behind protecting dunes. But are we going to start erecting private property signs on them? Shouldn't Dune protection signs be official and educational? Without snake warnings?

Last week around sunset time I saw an entire stack of vendor chairs stored on TOP of the actual dune at Grayton Beach. This is unacceptable.