• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
So we use the Goatfeathers Beach Access and used it this past holiday when we were down at our house.

Many vendor setups, but we always managed to find a setup that wasn't being used. So we respectfully pushed it behind us and to the side, without impeding on anyone else's space or view.

My question is, what time do vendors begin their setups, does anyone know? 5am? 6am?

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
Gosh, we are so new I'm unsure of the name! Lol I am talking Santa Rosa Beach, just not the Gulfplace access. The access runs along Goatfeathers restaurant so maybe that's what it's called??? Gulf view Heights???

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
yup...

As far as the time goes, somebody who is more in the know than myself will chime in, but it's supposed to be after first light for the turtle's sake. There is a stipulated time, but unfortunately, the vendors don't seem to abide by it. The good news is that Gulfview Heights is one of the least used accesses, IMHO, so we don't have the large scale issues like the other accesses...

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Vendors are allowed to begin setting up at 7:30 or after they get the all-clear by turtle watch -- whichever happens first.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
So hypothetically a resident or vacationer could do the same thing. Geez----it's like being at a resort that doesn't have enough seats around the pool and people put towels down early to save them.

There is space available at this access, but we did haul our stuff a ways a few time to get away from vendors.

Which by the way, their umbrellas are pretty---the huge writing on them is not!

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
So hypothetically a resident or vacationer could do the same thing. Geez----it's like being at a resort that doesn't have enough seats around the pool and people put towels down early to save them.

There is space available at this access, but we did haul our stuff a ways a few time to get away from vendors.

Which by the way, their umbrellas are pretty---the huge writing on them is not!

Yes. Holidays and weekends are always busy between Memorial Day and Labor Day. If you want a good spot where all the action is, you have to get to the beach early.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Yes. Holidays and weekends are always busy between Memorial Day and Labor Day. If you want a good spot where all the action is, you have to get to the beach early.

OR, stay at Sanctuary at Redfish and take the water taxi across Redfish Lake to what is ( because of location) private beach on 30A..usually only 16/18 setups paid for my owners and is FRee daily for renters...#hiddensecret