• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Not at this time Bob. Two key pieces of the feasibility study have not been released.

We have written our analysis of their released data and hopefully they will release the balance soon.

We will release our analysis at the appropriate time.
Thank you

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Let me say this as loud and clear as I can. The area they are attempting to incorporate is too large and not in many's interest including mine. As I have said on many occasions, let Seaside, Aly' Beach and Rosemary Beach incorporate if they wish, but leave Blue Mountain Beach out of it!!!

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Let me say this as loud and clear as I can. The area they are attempting to incorporate is too large and not in many's interest including mine. As I have said on many occasions, let Seaside, Aly' Beach and Rosemary Beach incorporate if they wish, but leave Blue Mountain Beach out of it!!!
But then you will have a fubar mess like Destin where portions of the peninsula are unincorporated but share services with incorporated parts.:dunno:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I believe incorporating the entire area is best for the entire area. We are all in this South Walton town together. It really isn't what I want or prefer though. It's what makes sense for a growing town with each neighborhood community connected to the other.

I've given time but not money to A Better South Walton. Ready to help with dollars as well. Thanks for the reminder. I believe our town deserves excellent leadership and oversight. It's past time.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
I believe incorporating the entire area is best for the entire area. We are all in this South Walton town together. It really isn't what I want or prefer though. It's what makes sense for a growing town with each neighborhood community connected to the other.

I've given time but not money to A Better South Walton. Ready to help with dollars as well. Thanks for the reminder. I believe our town deserves excellent leadership and oversight. It's past time.
I'm not one for more government...but it makes geographical sense. Especially considering the political and economic divide in Walton County.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Such as, what services do they share that seems to concern you?
It's not a concern of mine as I'm no longer a property owner in Destin or Okaloosa County. I was just making the point.
Police, fire, and EMS are a few. Trash removal may also be included.
I believe the unincorperated areas also are serviced by Destin Water Users. They also share the post office.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Fire Department is an independent taxing district, although the sheriff dept is a service provided by the county, the City of Destin pays a contracted price to have more deputies located there. Trash is provided by a private company that charges the residents whether they live in the county or city. Destin Water Users is a private water company providing water and sewer for both the city and unincorporated areas. Just so you are aware SoWal has 3 private water companies that operate, the fire protection is also an independent taxing district, and EMS is also provided by SWFD. Garbage service is paid for by a 1 penny sales tax for the entire county with some caveats that I am not completely familar with. As for the post office, well not sure what that has to do with incorporated or unincorporated areas. Really not a whole lot of differences except we have a mosquito control district.