• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I looked at the Gulf this morning and I could not believe my eyes. I have never seen the Gulf so dirty looking. It is time for the County to start enforcing the requirment to hook up to sewer if available. We have more than some's pocketbook to worry about. We have our whole economy to consider.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
You bought a home in BMB? Are you on a septic system? Did you know most of the homes in BMB are on septic? Do you understand the drain fields? What did you think would happen during a hurricane or extensive rains?

Misty---we are not on septic. We assumed wrongfully in the year 2016, that everyone would have legally had to fix their septic situation, as to not harm the environment and public. When a hurricane happens, which I've been through one, I expect things like this to happen. NOT bc there is an increase in tourists to the area.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I looked at the Gulf this morning and I could not believe my eyes. I have never seen the Gulf so dirty looking. It is time for the County to start enforcing the requirment to hook up to sewer if available. We have more than some's pocketbook to worry about. We have our whole economy to consider.

Please refer to my post, Who Opened The Out Flow, and see all the people that think it was OK.

No doubt, the septic has some culpability, but the tourons digging do to...

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Misty---we are not on septic. We assumed wrongfully in the year 2016, that everyone would have legally had to fix their septic situation, as to not harm the environment and public. When a hurricane happens, which I've been through one, I expect things like this to happen. NOT bc there is an increase in tourists to the area.

It's not just tourists. We have had allot of rainfall and runoff. You also bought your home in an area KNOWN for tourism, tourists I might add who probably have no clue the house they rented is on a septic system prone to contaminating the beaches and waters in your area. The tourist are not to blame. Tropical storm Colin on June 6th of this year is more likely a culprit.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The Gulf is back to looking normal this morning.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Health advisories have been issued for the Miramar Beach, Dune Allen, Eastern Lake, and Grayton Beach Accesses July 6, 2016

SP-1 Miramar Beach 128 Poor
SP-3 Dune Allen Beach 172 Poor
SP-4 Blue Mountain Beach 66 Moderate
SP-5 Grayton Beach 220 Poor
SP-7 Holly Street Beach 60 Moderate
SP-8 Eastern Lake Beach 100 Poor
SP-9 Inlet Beach Access 28 Good

Water quality classifications are based upon United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) recommended criteria and Florida Healthy Beaches Program Categories:

Good = 0 – 35 Enterococci CFU per 100 ml of marine

Moderate = 36 – 70 Enterococci CFU per 100 ml of marine water

Poor = 71 or greater Enterococci CFU per 100 ml of marine water

Health advisories have been issued for the Miramar Beach Access, Dune Allen, Eastern Lake, and Grayton Beach Access based on the enterococci standard recommended by the EPA. This should be considered a potential health risk to the bathing public.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Anyone know what the cost is now for an existing dwelling to connect to Regional Utilities?
$9,047 and change or more depending on the size of the home.
9K (approx.) would include water & sewer tap fees. It can be more...it also can be less. The cost is based on plumbing fixtures. Also, if in an area with gravity sewer (not grinder) it can be less because it doesn't require the cost of the grinder installation.