• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
There are 26 miles of beach in Walton County with little or no undeveloped beachfront. That isn't just a mowing...it has been plowed!
You couldn't be more wrong.
Topsail Forest is 100's of acreage with several miles of beachfront. Grayton Beach Park is also hundreds of acres with large amount of beach front.
There are also many county owned beach front parcels. And many private developments that have preserved the beachfront.
The amount of preservation lands in S. Walton is staggering. Including watershed, forest, parks, coastal lakes and beach front...

Your assertion of "little or no undeveloped beachfront" is 100% incorrect.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You couldn't be more wrong.
Topsail Forest is 100's of acreage with several miles of beachfront. Grayton Beach Park is also hundreds of acres with large amount of beach front.
There are also many county owned beach front parcels. And many private developments that have preserved the beachfront.
The amount of preservation lands in S. Walton is staggering. Including watershed, forest, parks, coastal lakes and beach front...

Your assertion of "little or no undeveloped beachfront" is 100% incorrect.

Those are state lands and can't be touched. I'm talking about what CAN be developed!!

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Read the report from the Grand Jury Investigation in Sept. of 2015 and get back with me on that!
Ok.
I did a search and quick read. It appears the county made mistakes in collection of fees from developers.
How is that the fault of builders & developers?

Again I ask, have you ever been through the Development Order process? Have you ever applied for a building permit? Have you ever taken hundreds of thousands (or millions) of dollars of risk in an effort to make a living, legally and within the codes developed by the County and State?

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Those are state lands and can't be touched. I'm talking about what CAN be developed!!
Ok.
so what's your beef?
You don't believe ANY property on the beach should be developed?

[BTW, I noted State...County...and private preserved beachfront]

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Ok.
so what's your beef?
You don't believe ANY property on the beach should be developed?

I'm sorry you're having trouble figuring out my clear responses to you. I've already answered your questions.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
lazin & drinkin, thank you for the run down on the candidates, especially Ms.Nipper. It was much appreciated.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Lars while we do have the LDC and comp plan developers have and continue to bastardize it by interpreting it in their own vision or ignoring it altogether. In cahoots with them is a planning director who stated that sky diving is an indoor activity.

So it's either gross incompetence by our planning department or something else.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Lars while we do have the LDC and comp plan developers have and continue to bastardize it by interpreting it in their own vision or ignoring it altogether. In cahoots with them is a planning director who stated that sky diving is an indoor activity.

So it's either gross incompetence by our planning department or something else.
Direct examples of developers "bastardizing"?