• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Again. Name a direct example. Development. Or project.

No. I nor Misty don't owe you anything and don't have to post anything to your satisfaction. The simple fact is that some shady crap has gone down over the years in this county under the direction supervision of our planning department. All of that is verifiable by numerous investigations and lawsuits.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
No. I nor Misty don't owe you anything and don't have to post anything to your satisfaction. The simple fact is that some shady crap has gone down over the years in this county under the direction supervision of our planning department. All of that is verifiable by numerous investigations and lawsuits.
Easy to make accusations and then present no evidence.
Also easy to blame builders & developers. When those point fingers probably have zero experience with the development approval process.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Easy to make accusations and then present no evidence.
Also easy to blame builders & developers. When those point fingers probably have zero experience with the development approval process.

You demand evidence and then make accusations based on no evidence.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Oh goodie. Look, Misty has given me my 1st negstive rating.
After making broad accusations and challenged to back them up.
Woo-Hoo :lol:

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Ok, here's a developer give away for Lars... A Seagrove Business was given a Land Use they weren't entitled too(short by 20 acres) and couldn't prove when it happened either. Their architect sits on the zone board of adjustment and waived a 250' buffer for them that even the BCC couldn't waive. I have the email showing that too. The project on 395 and 30A, it's DO was given in 2007 and good for 1 extension, it received 2 or 3. It eliminated their requirements for informing the community of their plans of which it is a disaster IMO! Thus, 10 yr old traffic, environmental and other reviews were accepted as good on an expired DO filed by a defunct LLC. The deal made for that parcel forgave them $58K in traffic fees, let them forget(?) to build a PARK on an expensive parcel and put a restaurant and condos on it and let palm trees be planted where they said none would allowed. And finally they have been given a Fast Food DO so that they can open up while the rest of the space is still under construction with maybe no parking lot. This is a give away by Planning to a developer. Dir. Dyess and Planner Brown should be fired.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
lazin & drinkin, thank you for the run down on the candidates, especially Ms.Nipper. It was much appreciated.
You are welcome, my friend. My experience for a number of decades now is that the United States military trains its people well, that those people who are in uniform and those who have made a career of wearing it with honor are among our best and brightest. Their values, their courtesy, their competence, their devotion to duty, their selflessness should inspire us all to do better and to point out to our children and their children how these attributes contribute so much to what has made and still makes our country the best in the world. Imperfect it has been, is, and will always be, but still the brightest shining light in the history of mankind. One does not have to have served to have those attributes and to live them every day, but military folks seem to embody them to a greater extent than most. I imagine that most people reading this blog are aware of your uniformed service to our country. I salute you and all your fellows, including but not limited to Melanie Nipper, for your and their service to our country and to mankind. My personal exposure to Melanie has been of short duration, but she has impressed me as one of the best of the best, a really fine citizen motivated to serve her country in a new way as an elected official. While she may have lots to learn about politics, she knows the essence of what a public servant should be, and she has lived that essence for at least a quarter century now as a military leader.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
This is a give away by Planning to a developer. Dir. Dyess and Planner Brown should be fired.
Sounds like government corruption. Of course, I have not reviewed the facts and documents. And I'm not a legal professional, so I would be unqualified to make judgement.
I can say, I'm not a fan of the project you noted.

But then, I think Seaside is a mistake in density as well. But that developer is heralded regularly. :dunno:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You are welcome, my friend. My experience for a number of decades now is that the United States military trains its people well, that those people who are in uniform and those who have made a career of wearing it with honor are among our best and brightest. Their values, their courtesy, their competence, their devotion to duty, their selflessness should inspire us all to do better and to point out to our children and their children how these attributes contribute so much to what has made and still makes our country the best in the world. Imperfect it has been, is, and will always be, but still the brightest shining light in the history of mankind. One does not have to have served to have those attributes and to live them every day, but military folks seem to embody them to a greater extent than most. I imagine that most people reading this blog are aware of your uniformed service to our country. I salute you and all your fellows, including but not limited to Melanie Nipper, for your and their service to our country and to mankind. My personal exposure to Melanie has been of short duration, but she has impressed me as one of the best of the best, a really fine citizen motivated to serve her country in a new way as an elected official. While she may have lots to learn about politics, she knows the essence of what a public servant should be, and she has lived that essence for at least a quarter century now as a military leader.

Thank you for trying to get this thread back on its intended track. I appreciate your insights.