• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
@Phil Good

You should also know that by the widows own admission she threatened to sue the newspaper over the article that was written....hence the retraction. Regardless, it was a WIN WIN for Suzanne Harris AGAIN because the JUDGE ordered that Suzanne Harris DID NOT OWE MILLER OR BLUE ANYTHING IN ATTORNEY FEES!!

Phil Good

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2016
Blue Mountain
That sounds to me like ANOTHER win for the "widow". So much clout she's got the NWF Daily News retracting articles?
Just another example of what an absolute BOSS Mr. Miller was.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
That sounds to me like ANOTHER win for the "widow". So much clout she's got the NWF Daily News retracting articles?
Just another example of what an absolute BOSS Mr. Miller was.

Given what the Harris WINS/lawsuits have cost the taxpayers you're going to be hard pressed to convince anyone "clout" has anything to so with this. Delusions of grandeur? Perhaps.

sunny850

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2012
I enjoy reading the SoWal forum for several reasons- I check the events and dining almost daily, I look for deals on the buy/sale/trade, I often read the local government posts, and occasionally I comment. However, I have to say that the level that some people stoop to on here makes me cringe. I once saw a post where an out-of-tower asked a simple question-"can anyone recommend a church in the area?" and within three responses had moved into an attack on mega-churches, politicians, and religion in general. It saddens me to know that everyone in sowal is so damn miserable. When i am at work, or restaurants, or on the beach, or in Publix, it seems like we live in paradise. But then I read the forum comments, and am reminded that I am living among the most unhappy, disgruntled, people that think everything is a conspiracy to undermine them. This particular thread pushed me to respond. George Ralph Miller was a person. With a wife named Dawne (Not "the widow") and he has good, upstanding, hard working children and grandchildren who live in this community. Whatever happened with Suzanne Harris, I would just like people to know that he also was a kind, caring man who loved his children and his community and he was an excellent attorney. I personally witnessed him work for free for many elderly people who just needed a deed or a will and could not afford legal representation. Out of respect for the man, at least use his wife's name. I realize the purpose of this site is so people can sound off, but remember the Millers, the Adkinsons, the other people you are talking about are real people, not reality tv stars.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Suzanne Harris deserves the same respect that folks are saying should be shown to GR Miller & family!!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
@sunny850

If in fact Mrs. Miller had shown the same respect to Suzanne Harris and left her children and grand children out of the dirty laundry GR. Miller got the taxpayers involved in chances are this conversation wouldn't exist!

To take the image of an innocent child drinking grape juice and post it to your personal FB page and flat out say "the woman is an idiot giving a child wine" certainly devalues any good works that may have been accomplished.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I used the term "widow" out of respect for the fact she is a private citizen. So is Suzanne Harris. I don't disagree with Kurt in regard to keeping it respectful but I do have some issues with the trolling going on.