• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I completely understand that. Even though we are not rushed, I see & understand the value in the areas & that they have every right to increase. I see all of the amazing things happening in South Walton & I just want to be apart of it. It truly is a treasure & I appreciate it's natural beauty & it being "laid back" with everything it has to offer. I need South Walton in my life lol! I need a change from this place I'm in now. It will be a stressful process but if we don't jump...someone else will, & we will regret it if we don't jump!
Thank you for your advice & time!

Agreed! I wouldn't have it any other way! Especially in a kitchen & bathroom.. I love marble, but it would not be practical in price or the fact that my glass of wine might roll over lol.
Our house now was new when we bought it and we had the option of changing some things out before we moved in & we made them change the countertops to granite and got better fixtures and above counter bowl sinks along with some other upgrades. I love interior design! It was my job in my past life...if there was a past life!

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Oh crap!! :yikes:
I've built for designers and decorators. :bang:
(Just kidding) :lol:
Matter of fact, I'm finishing up a custom 3 year build for a crazy particular owner and decorator wife.
It's also a low VOC willingness home.
[pats self on back] owner is delighted with results [pats self on back]

That sounds extremely exciting. ( in my sarcastic voice) I try my best to be assertive but in a sweet way, it still works for me though in most cases. I'm not one to be difficult & like to go with the flow. I hate confrontation. I hope its not hard to find a builder who is just an overall good, cool person. Great job by the way. 3 years...geeeezzz!

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
"Stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops are everything" - SHELLY
We're still suffering with formica coutertops. It was one of those "tradeoffs" When we built. And the damn stuff lasts forever. I've never actually lived in a home with granite counter tops, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. :)

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
Granite is nice but has its limitations with cleaning liquids, quartz is the best but more expensive. They have come a long way in making quartz have a natural stone look.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
That sounds extremely exciting. ( in my sarcastic voice) I try my best to be assertive but in a sweet way, it still works for me though in most cases. I'm not one to be difficult & like to go with the flow. I hate confrontation. I hope its not hard to find a builder who is just an overall good, cool person. Great job by the way. 3 years...geeeezzz!
Hello Ashlee, I am having a cottage/home built in BlueMountain Beach. It's not a large home but has quality finishes and design. Please call me, Mary at 850-387-5116. My builder is Mike Bryla and I am so pleased and thankful that I found him!

Granite is nice but has its limitations with cleaning liquids, quartz is the best but more expensive. They have come a long way in making quartz have a natural stone look.
Quartz was an option too. We have some customers that just just built a house with quartz in a new development called "The Waters" in Pike Road Alabama. That development reminds me of South Walton because the houses look somewhat similar in design. Thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts & recommendations!

Hello Ashlee, I am having a cottage/home built in BlueMountain Beach. It's not a large home but has quality finishes and design. Please call me, Mary at 850-387-5116. My builder is Mike Bryla and I am so pleased and thankful that I found him!
Mary, we decided we wanted smaller ( in which budget wise here was the best option) It is just us 3, my son which is 11 & growing up fast. We do & will have friends & family visiting occasionally so we do need 3 beds/ 2.5 bath. Our current home now is 2030 sq ft. 4 beds/2 baths & frankly we don't even use one of the rooms. I am still getting to know the area. My husband on the other hand is down there every weekend with our business. We have about 15 banks, an apartment complex, a hotel & some residential homes that we take care of. (lawn & landscape) right now. The Blue Mountain beach area is great! I went through there for my first time in May. I was like wow, there are just cute treasures everywhere. How cool, so much to see and do. I have seen the " Mike Bryla" name in the forum before. Do you know if he has a website?