• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
anyone visited recently? Heard they now accept credit cards..Any A/C yet? Did menu change?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
They take credit, have wifi, same menu and prices. Plus they've added AYCE peel and eat or fried shrimp.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If you find yourself even further west, I like Stewby's in Ft. Walton Beach (the bit about it being wedged between an oil change place and a pool supply store kind of adds to the charm) and Doc's Oyster Bar in Valpariaso, which is Dewey's with better quality control and a lot fewer tourists.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Good ones in Destin, IMO. I like Dewey Destin and Kenny D's.
We love Dewey's. Drive there about once a month for the fried shrimp. We get the boat run for about $13. Enough for two. We usually get an extra order of hush puppies because they are the best we have ever had. If they are not hot send them back!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
We love Dewey's. Drive there about once a month for the fried shrimp. We get the boat run for about $13. Enough for two. We usually get an extra order of hush puppies because they are the best we have ever had. If they are not hot send them back!
Does it matter which one? Both the same??

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Does it matter which one? Both the same??

We actually prefer the food a bit more at the bay location on Calhoun. Think the food is a tad bit better. However, if we have company visiting and wanting a cocktail we go to the Harbourside location. And in the summer with this heat we go to Harbourside!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We actually prefer the food a bit more at the bay location on Calhoun. Think the food is a tad bit better. However, if we have company visiting and wanting a cocktail we go to the Harbourside location. And in the summer with this heat we go to Harbourside!
Always have heard the bay location is best. Like Nick's on the Bay too. My favorite.