• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
Hello!

We are scheduled to be in Seagrove Aug 6-13th. I've been watching the weather and am starting to get freaked out because three days look like cloudy with T-storms possible and one day a 'few showers'. At this point it is shaping up to be exactly one day of sunshine. What does a 'cloudy' day on 30A really look like? Am I reading this wrong? In Baltimore, a cloudy day is considered overcast and gray. If I get one day of sunshine in my 'paradise' I may cry.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It will be fine. Any showers that roll in, roll right out again in a hour. I bet you get more sunshine than you can handle. "Overcast" is most likely not the Baltimore variety.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
It will be fine. Any showers that roll in, roll right out again in a hour. I bet you get more sunshine than you can handle. "Overcast" is most likely not the Baltimore variety.
Thank you. No matter how many times I vacation in florida, I always panic looking at the forecasts only to be pretty damn surprised.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It changes a lot, sometimes very quickly. Embrace the variety. The water has never looked better.

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
Weather forecasts that far out are not very accurate. The weather north of 98 is also very different from the weather south of 98.

Look at the beach cams on here to see what a day that your site thinks is partly cloudy or a chance of rain really looks like.

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
They can't predict tomorrow's weather let alone next month. You should have got a sunshine guarantee when you signed up for your rental!

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
Seabythegrove, I don't know what I did to you but this is not the first time one of my questions is met with snark. I was asking a question about what 'cloudy' is really like as that various tremendously. If it is a dumb question to you, you can always ignore.

Last edited:

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
My experience over 2 trips this summer June 10-21 and then June 29-July 7 was that most days, my Weather and AccuWeather iPhone apps showed the same forecast you're describing for "current location" of Santa Rosa Beach, FL (we were in Seagrove near Eastern Lake) but only on about 2-3 of all those days did it keep us off the beach. One of those days we went to Pier Park and on another couple of the days I went to PC and Port St Joe to see customers (made it a "working vacation"). Now, on many days we'd see a dark rain cloud out over the Gulf south of Grayton Beach or up towards the northeast towards Peach Creek, but never gt a drop of rain while sitting on the beach. The weather's always better on the beach at Eastern Lake than anywhere else (unless there's a hurricane).

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
How bad can a day at the beach be?!

full