• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Get used to it. Developments like this make the Hampton Inn objection silly. Get ready for tens of thousands of new housing units on the 98 corridor, and along 331 from 98 to I-10.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Littles Bayou is to the east of Bowman Bayou, bordering Daugettes on the west. Bowman Bayou is just to the west of The Estuary (bayfront subdivision), which is at the end of Doodle Forest Rd north of 98.

I believe the property in question is approx the yellow area in this aerial... there has been a large sign on 331 for quite awhile describing apartments.

View attachment 61414
Thank you! I can remember the signage there for years and think it was approved at one time for "affordable" housing.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Thank you! I can remember the signage there for years and think it was approved at one time for "affordable" housing.

Sure it was, development orders probably dead, probably mostly wetlands, who cares? It's progress and tax base!

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
We need affordable housing, not something else with inflated prices and a gate.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Yes, we. Guess you don't ever eat out or use any services in Walton County. There is a great need for affordable housing here. The average worker can't afford the rent here.
1st point - Live over the bridge or where it's affordable and drive to work in the south part of the county if that's where you can earn the most for your marketable skills.
I've driven long distances my whole life to where the money was. And I currently drive an hour one way to one of my projects.

2nd point - As I noted, nothing stopping you from acquiring property, securing investors and financing, producing plans, engineering, submitting for a Development Order, applying for permitts, etc, etc, etc, and building affordable housing in south walton.
Let us know how that works out for you.

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
Let us know how that works out for you.
"US" being the Community? or you and who?
images