• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Tony's business partner stole from him and in the settlement bought him out. The small business was formed to stop the parking ordinance. Let me ask you something. You own a small business it burns down. Now to get a building permit you have add way more parking and you no longer can afford to have that business. Is this ok in your mind?

So glad we got to facts. IF the ordinance had been approved existing businesses would have been grandfathered. They could then do what is still available now and that's called a statement of compliance. Once they have that they are covered. Place burns down, it could be rebuilt to as before condition (except for wiring, windows etc.) ie same size and parking with no problems. Easy stuff. The ordinance would only apply to new businesses OR a business that wants to expand beyond what was allowed before the ordinance. Meaning if you want to stay the same size and impact, no problem. Want to get bigger and change then comply with the new rules. A very fair compromise and any business that can only expand if it doesn't follow the rules simply isn't good for anybody but the owner. Again Born and Bred more facts.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
So glad we got to facts. IF the ordinance had been approved existing businesses would have been grandfathered. They could then do what is still available now and that's called a statement of compliance. Once they have that they are covered. Place burns down, it could be rebuilt to as before condition (except for wiring, windows etc.) ie same size and parking with no problems. Easy stuff. The ordinance would only apply to new businesses OR a business that wants to expand beyond what was allowed before the ordinance. Meaning if you want to stay the same size and impact, no problem. Want to get bigger and change then comply with the new rules. A very fair compromise and any business that can only expand if it doesn't follow the rules simply isn't good for anybody but the owner. Again Born and Bred more facts.
Not what I read. If it burns down then you would not be able to rebuilt it the same.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
And cost you me and other taxpayers lot of money. Yay what did that win really do to help the issues of the county? It didn't help us get more roads cut in to 30a.
I agree that there was a lot of money lost. According to the courts it was legit, you ought to be angry with Representative Gaetz, cause while he was suing Walion County he wasn't holding Governor Scott accountable for his sunshine laws violations which we paid for also and were significant dollars also.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Bob, how do you know gaetz knew about the violations before the state got sued? He wasn't named and had no privilege to the information? I never heard of it until the lawsuit wasn't dismissed and published in the Tampa paper.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
You have the burden to prove. I will say thank you for staying to the facts and not personally attacking me.
No where have you been attacked, just asking who you were talking about legislativelyrics and you haven't answered that.