• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I have a few points to make on this...

If Cindy Meadows master's degree in PLANNING and experience in PLANNING and her other education in PLANNING is so important to her qualifications for reelection, as has been repeated constantly...why are you excusing the fact that Walton County's PLANNING department...under her supervision as a commissioner...failed to collect more than $600,000 in District 5 recreation plat fees during Meadows' first term? Shouldn't someone whose expertise is in PLANNING know or notice it?

If you say she shouldn't have noticed it because it was not her job....fine, I actually AGREE with you...but you just can't have it both ways. Either she's a PLANNING guru and invaluable for her PLANNING expertise or she's not responsible and can't be held responsible and therefore the experience isn't particularly helpful.

Plus...the candidate with PLANNING experience was reprimanded by a grand jury...for not following PLANNING procedures.

As far as Tony Anderson being a mailman, good for him. That is a good job and an important one for society. Criticizing him for doing that job is simply childish and petty and it makes the people saying it look elitist at best and just nasty and immature at worst.

Abe Lincoln started as a mailman folks....look it up!

And for the love of a God stop obsessing over Lloyd Blue. It's absolutely creepy the way he is mentioned so many times on here. He's a private citizen folks....PRIVATE CITIZEN.........

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I'm starting to see a theme. If your a good man you get hammered in this forum. Brad Drake is great man and a great Rep.

Brad Drake is a joke. A puppet, nothing more. What has he ever done for Walton County? Patriot G is right, he sold out to M. Coley.

As for the Cindy Supporters = hate, I think a more accurate equation would be:

Cindy Supporters = hate B.S. that's being going on in Walton County and Good Ole' Boyz Politricks.

As for the parking ordinance the SBA fought against and the question about a business burning down, a grandfather clause to protect already existing businesses solves that problem.

Does anyone think it's right for all the overflow to be parked all over the bike paths?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014

If Cindy Meadows master's degree in PLANNING and experience in PLANNING and her other education in PLANNING is so important to her qualifications for reelection, as has been repeated constantly...why are you excusing the fact that Walton County's PLANNING department...under her supervision as a commissioner...failed to collect more than $600,000 in District 5 recreation plat fees during Meadows' first term? Shouldn't someone whose expertise is in PLANNING know or notice it?

If you say she shouldn't have noticed it because it was not her job....fine, I actually AGREE with you...but you just can't have it both ways. Either she's a PLANNING guru and invaluable for her PLANNING expertise or she's not responsible and can't be held responsible and therefore the experience isn't particularly helpful.

Plus...the candidate with PLANNING experience was reprimanded by a grand jury...for not following PLANNING procedures.

As far as Tony Anderson being a mailman, good for him. That is a good job and an important one for society. Criticizing him for doing that job is simply childish and petty and it makes the people saying it look elitist at best and just nasty and immature at worst.

And for the love of a God stop obsessing over Lloyd Blue. It's absolutely creepy the way he is mentioned so many times on here. He's a private citizen folks....PRIVATE CITIZEN.........

Grand Jury was a JOKE.

Go read the documents and interviews that the State released.

THAN, go back and request the other interviews they DID NOT release, which are now recently PR, and read those.

Once you do that, I think you'll see a different picture and an investigation with an Agenda, it wasn't Justice.

Shameful!

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Cindy Meadows has been our only defense against the ole boy network. She has fought hard. I admire that she is willing to keep fighting.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Indestructible, this is not for or against any candidate, just some facts and observations. Planning and Finance/Accounting are two very different disciplines. A Planning expert would not be responsible for an accounting failure and would not have the expertise to find a problem. That would take an accounting background. In this particular case a commissioner would never see the journals/receipt books/financial programs to even begin to identify a problem. Neither would the county Finance Director. Remittances go through the Comptroller of the Board which is in the Clerk of Courts office. The person/entity that is responsible for identifying such a problem would be the accounting firm hired to do the annual audit of the books.
2nd, I would have a problem with someone who had never worked but honor and respect anyone who does work. Staying with one firm for 30 years indicates a loyal, competent person which has value as well. That is one component of deciding who to vote for as well as education, government experience, service to the community and core principles of the individual. Then their positions on the key issues should be examined as should the individuals who support the candidate and what their goals and desires are. Elections have consequences and so it is vital to elect people who want to build a better quality of life for every citizen.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

@Bob Hudson , I can't pull up the grand jury findings but please correct me if I'm wrong. Did that money not go uncollected in 2002 before Ms. Meadows was a county commissioner?

@Indestructible it wasn't her job! Yet, you keep harping that it was her responsibility. Have your cake and eat it too often?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Never mind @Bob Hudson. I found it. Meadows was elected in 2004 and would have taken office no later than Nov. of that year. The error was discovered in 2008 and brought to the attention of Planning Department Director Patsy Blackshear. A memo, in the form of an email dated May 21, 2008, was written by planning department employee Melissa Ward and sent to Blackshear. In that email, Ward accepts responsibility for the under-billing error concerning Lakeside at Blue Mountain Beach. A copy of the email was placed "in the file." According to the grand jury report, "There's no evidence that this error was ever brought to the attention of Ms. Blackshear's supervisors or County Commissioners. Evidence indicates that no further action was taken to collect the unpaid fees."

Speaking of which, wasn't Blackshear arrested for lying to the Grand Jury on 2 different occasions about the uncollected fees? What happened with that arrest?

So, who *KNOWINGLY* hid the evidence @Indestructible??????

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Never mind @Bob Hudson. I found it. Meadows was elected in 2004 and would have taken office no later than Nov. of that year. The error was discovered in 2008 and brought to the attention of Planning Department Director Patsy Blackshear. A memo, in the form of an email dated May 21, 2008, was written by planning department employee Melissa Ward and sent to Blackshear. In that email, Ward accepts responsibility for the under-billing error concerning Lakeside at Blue Mountain Beach. A copy of the email was placed "in the file." According to the grand jury report, "There's no evidence that this error was ever brought to the attention of Ms. Blackshear's supervisors or County Commissioners. Evidence indicates that no further action was taken to collect the unpaid fees."

Speaking of which, wasn't Blackshear arrested for lying to the Grand Jury on 2 different occasions about the uncollected fees? What happened with that arrest?

So, who *KNOWINGLY* hid the evidence @Indestructible??????
Appreciate the research but please share links or docs you find.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011