• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Because it's his opinion not based on facts. We all know incorporation is about money it's not about infant structure or making a better South Walton. How can Danny say that Tony supporters are backing any kind of development in the South End? Is there a news article on this? Did he talk to one of Tony supporters and they said this to him personally or is he just going what some people on this forum say.
I have not seen anything from Anderson about development except him saying he wants to save land so we don't overdevelop S Walton...

Also, a big "developer" threw a party for Cindy Meadows and raised her lots of money. Where's the outrage?

Bottom line is developers give money in all local races everywhere in America.

I don't think incorporation will do a thing to stop development or curtail it.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
I have not seen anything from Anderson about development except him saying he wants to save land so we don't overdevelop S Walton...

Also, a big "developer" threw a party for Cindy Meadows and raised her lots of money. Where's the outrage?

The District 5 race is over and everybody knows it. Tony is probably going to get enough votes with early voting and absentee ballots to beat her.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You intentionally misspell "Cindy" because you are basically attacking her and then cry you're being attacked when someone calls you out for it??

Last edited by a moderator:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

SoWal has already been OVER DEVELOPED! The infrastructure was not in place prior to that happening so putting the cart before the horse after the fact and trying to save land now is is going to solve those problems how?????

Borago's and someone I can't mention by name, with the SBA that the Borago owner rents from, threw a huge party for T. Anderson at 1,200 bucks a pop and called it a candidate forum although it was a private affair by invite only. Where's the outrage?

You're probably right about incorporation given how political races are bought and paid for in this county by someone I can't mention by name.

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
SoWal has already been OVER DEVELOPED! The infrastructure was not in place prior to that happening so putting the cart before the horse after the fact and trying to save land now is is going to solve those problems how?????

Borago's and someone I can't mention by name, with the SBA that the Borago owner rents from, threw a huge party for T. Anderson at 1,200 bucks a pop and called it a candidate forum although it was a private affair by invite only. Where's the outrage?

You're probably right about incorporation given how political races are bought and paid for in this county by someone I can't mention by name.
Oh give me a break....

That piece about the SBA meeting is waaaaaay off, hilariousy so.

It was a meeting of the SBA.

There were five candidates there for a variety of offices from county to federal, and they all left before the SBA members met. All candidates spoke for like two or three minutes. There was no cost to attend and it was not a fundraiser for anyone. (Also there are a lot of businesses in the SBA that could not afford to shell out $1200 for a DINNER for heaven's sake.)

I know this because after you posted about it before on a separate thread, I asked three people who were there and they laughed when I read that thread to them!

Sorry, this is just plain made up....whoever told you this information is messing with you....

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL

60+ percent of South Walton is green space. There ARE areas that are overdeveloped, like Seaside, Watercolor, Rosemary, etc....that I agree. Miramar is also congested.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Because it's his opinion not based on facts. We all know incorporation is about money it's not about infant structure or making a better South Walton. How can Danny say that Tony supporters are backing any kind of development in the South End? Is there a news article on this? Did he talk to one of Tony supporters and they said this to him personally or is he just going what some people on this forum say.

Wait just a minute. My post stated that some people have the perception that there is a group that will back any kind of development that makes them money. I did not say that was my opinion. But do you really think that many people in South Walton do not feel this way? MY opinion is that this issue is a South Walton issue and has nothing to do with any county commission race or with the county in general. It certainly has nothing to do with any boogiemen in the North End. I don't have a dog in the hunt unless you start trying to incorporate Gaskin or Glendale.