• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Is there census data that details the population of each of the five districts? I have tried to research it on line and can only find total Walton County population or municipalities.

Take the total and divide by 5. Districts must be roughly the same size in population.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Is there census data that details the population of each of the five districts? I have tried to research it on line and can only find total Walton County population or municipalities.
Bonnie McQuinston was on the committee that performed the task to set the district. Which occurs after each census. That may help answer your questions if you can contact her.

jcpd2

Beach Lover
Aug 31, 2008
Take the total and divide by 5. Districts must be roughly the same size in population.
Thanks. I had gotten the census figures and reviewed state law to see they had to be fairly equal in size. I just didn't know their process to assure those numbers. And I'm not insinuating someone is playing numbers games. I assume they use census districts. I thought I could find that somewhere on line.