• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
You might Expect it and Encourage it, but I still have an issue with it. The current group organizing the effort is still way too far to one side for my comfort level. Do we really need 7 seats for a council or is that number just very convenient to those doing the organizing? A seat for all !

If they want to gather up more supporters, they need to expand their inner circle diversity. They also need to start to really define the Customary Use stance that they have. The simple "God made the beach for everyone", is not going to get any of the big money support from those that actually own (have deed) for their beach front. If there was some discussion and compromise,they may have a chance.

Just my opinion.
Currently the SWFD has a 7 member governing board and the South Walton Mosquito Control District has a governing board of 3.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Good point Bob

Thanks for reminding me.

SWFD board could probably shrink by 2.

3 to 5 seems reasonable.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
Only around 11k voted in the whole county. The incorporation petition is going to need at least that to even be looked at. I think the best idea is to try to add another District on the beach with another commissioner for another vote.

spieser

Beach Crab
Jun 15, 2009
I have seen this mentioned several times. What is the process for this? Can it be done between the 10 year census cycles?
Only around 11k voted in the whole county. The incorporation petition is going to need at least that to even be looked at. I think the best idea is to try to add another District on the beach with another commissioner for another vote.

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
Great - then it would be 5 against one. :bang: