• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prception69

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2005
Oxford,MS
No one has anything against anyone else having fun, being comfortable, and relaxing. But there are just too many people enjoying our beaches now and something's got to give. Tents on the beach, along with all the stuff that comes with them, have gotten to be a real nuisance. Not only for the reason mentioned regarding the rude act of "reserving" spots, but for many other reasons too. Beach camps have become eyesores and dangerous. It is an extreme form of littering.

:rofl: :rotfl:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Oh Lord, 69 brought up the Bear. This is gonna get ugly. In 29 years of being an Auburn fan I've learned never to argue with a Bammer fan about the Bear or that "Tradition" word.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
RO-

Is this you? My wife snapped this one during our trip.

bhammock.jpg

prception69

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2005
Oxford,MS
All in good fun! Landlocked, what's Tubby going to do this year? I am glad to see him do well at Auburn. Great Coach! Bama will get one some day.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
69-

Our preseason rank is something like 16 or 18 so I think we're going to be quiet this year. Not much we can do with games like Ball State and Western Kentucky on our schedule. :bang:

Tubs is sitting pretty for the moment. Just got a raise and a contract extension even though Lowder and company tried to boot him during a 13-0 season. :dunno:

prception69

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2005
Oxford,MS
I was in Montgomery shortly after Tubberville left OLE MISS for the Plains. I was at a men's clothing store on Vaughn Rd near old Cloverdale. The owner noticed the OLE MISS tag on the front of my car and proceeded to ask me what I thought about Tubby going to Auburn. I said something to the effect that "when Godfather Lowder calls, you answer, or you swim with the fishes" The owner kinda cringed and motioned across the store (small store) and pointed out that Mr. Lowder and his son (maybe son in law) were shopping a couple of racks over. It was pretty funny. I have lived to tell the story so I guess I am safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.