• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Heard the transition to AJ's got pushed out by a month. Permits. Knowing the way things move here, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more delays in store.

Beauford

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2015
Heard the transition to AJ's got pushed out by a month. Permits. Knowing the way things move here, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more delays in store.
Thanks - I saw Boukou Groove was playing Pandora's Friday so wondered what was up.

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
Local musicians are talking about playing there Saturday, but tried to eat there last night and it was closed. Anyone know what the latest is?

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
They close on Tuesdays after Labor Day weekend. They are still open for business...except on Mondays and Tuesday's.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Latin style dinning coming to old burnt Borago on 30A..some of older places are getting tired and worn but owners look the other way....$$$$

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Here's the scoop:
AJ's is coming to Grayton

A lot of us will miss the outside bar.

AJ's owner Alan Laird, who also owns Pandora's restaurant in Grayton Beach, decided that restaurant needed a facelift. Pandora's will close at the end of the month for an inside and outside remodel. When the restaurant reopens next year, the business will reopen as AJ's at Grayton Beach.

"Pandora's is a little outdated and it is time for a change," said Brandon Montalto, the manager at Pandora's who will continue to run AJ's on 30A.

Laird said he was on 30A before it was cool and originally opened a restaurant at the Pandora location in 1991 after opening his Destin location in 1984.

"There was nothing out here but yuppies back then," he said. "No kids then, but things have changed, and now that I'm older I see their side. Twenty-five years later, there are kids everywhere. I've never seen so many bikes in my life."

Plans are to reopen Jan. 5 for dinner.

Last edited by a moderator: