• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

indywin

Beach Comber
Nov 15, 2004
Indianapolis
Flies have been present as long as the wind is from the north. Yesterday was miserable before 1pm, then the winds were from the south, no flies!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
So are the flies there now or not?

Yes they are here. So are monarch butterflies and from what I hear when those 2 show up the flounder fishing is GREAT in the bay.

Jrejre1

Beach Comber
Sep 17, 2016
Atlanta
Thanks! We just got here today so sounds like we need to go down to the beach in the afternoon. My son will love the fishing!!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Hope you have a great time ..flies or no flies. Alot of people think that this is "paradise"... until the meet the real "locals". ...yellow flies, dog flies, gators etc. LOL

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
No flies at Dune-Allen yesterday afternoon, but they were bad at my house on Friday. There is a direct correlation between the wind being from the north and the presence of the flies.
The only pests I encountered were three young fellows blaring (and I do mean blaring, for the whole beach to not enjoy) and singing along with profanity ridden and sexually explicit gangsta music with young children running around. :-(