• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

RachaelMac

Beach Crab
Nov 15, 2016
Maryland
My husband and I are visiting the area in Spring 2017. We are thinking about making the move to SoWal next summer and I would love to spend my time at some more of the local spots vs. touristy places. What are some of your favorite restaurants, activities, parks and other things to do in the area?

Ps. My 13yr old nephew will be with us so some possible kid friendly drinking spots would be cool ;)

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Park in Seaside Central Square and you could hang out for a few weeks and not get bored.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Chanticleer, Louis Louis, Perfect Pig are 3 of mine and my families favorites.

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
My husband and I are visiting the area in Spring 2017. We are thinking about making the move to SoWal next summer and I would love to spend my time at some more of the local spots vs. touristy places. What are some of your favorite restaurants, activities, parks and other things to do in the area?

Ps. My 13yr old nephew will be with us so some possible kid friendly drinking spots would be cool ;)
SoWal is pretty small so all places are touristy places most of the year. However there are a few holes that are a bit more local but not for 13 year old. :wink:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
The locals' favorite for breakfast is Don Pedro's. I'm sure tourists stop there too, but mostly repeat business. The decor isn't anything to crow about but I adore their home fries. Cash only, I think they take checks too. No credit cards.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
The locals' favorite for breakfast is Don Pedro's. I'm sure tourists stop there too, but mostly repeat business. The decor isn't anything to crow about but I adore their home fries. Cash only, I think they take checks too. No credit cards.
They take cards

Akarin

Beach Lover
Mar 5, 2012
Eastern Lake
akarin.com
Super kid and teen friendly is the Hub at Prominence. Saturdays and Sundays there are sports on the 36ft jumbotron. Live music on the stage at night. The lawn is fake grass and padded for kids to run and fall like maniacs. But also two full liquor bars, cigar shop (owned by Luke Bryan if you care), food truck, 3 small restaurants and an ice cream shop. Sits between Watersound and Seacrest. The spring will have tourists, but I know a large number of locals that go there because it's kid friendly but enough space to distance from the kids.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
I haven't figured out exactly who the "locals" are. Most who are permanent residents are people who moved to South Walton from someplace else.