• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I voted no on this project when it was before the Planning Commission because I could not square the open space requirements to what currently exists, a solution to the traffic issues was never provided and I could not see how areas in Driftwood could be counted in favor of the development when basically the development has cut ties with that area.

Who else voted NO?

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Well it would have been worth going to see how mad Becknel was at Blue when the motion was denied. I am so glad there are cell phones that take videos. Just too good to be true. Now why is Becknel mad at Blue, he did not have a vote???

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Well when they voted no Becnel ran out into the hallway and grabbed blue. I took a picture and Blue promptly grabbed Cecilia at the break and started waiving his arms at her although I couldn't hear them. Blue and Becnel were clearly upset.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Mine was the only no vote at the Planning Commission level. I am glad to hear that that 3 commissioners apparently agreed with me.

I'm not so sure they agreed with you (Melanie I'm sure did) I personally think they voted as they did because the homeowners of Driftwood are suing them again. At least common sense prevailed for a change.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
[Quote member: 26821"]Well when they voted no Becnel ran out into the hallway and grabbed blue. I took a picture and Blue promptly grabbed Cecilia at the break and started waiving his arms at her although I couldn't hear them. Blue and Becnel were clearly upset.[/QUOTE]

Who were the two supporting votes?

Why would a developer be mad at another developer and mad at an Elected Official over a vote at a government meeting?

Boy am I confused...

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Who were the two supporting votes?

Why would a developer be mad at another developer and mad at an Elected Official over a vote at a government meeting?

Boy am I confused...

It's my understanding that Chapman, Nipper and Comander voted NO.

As to your other question, I think you know the answer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
And of course phony Tony looked around like "What Happened???? Did I do it wrong?"

I watched the very long video last night of the BCC meeting. There was never ANY doubt (in my mind) T. Anderson and C. Jones would vote to approve the DRI. No surprise, so predictable and proof positive that developers and big money control their seats on OUR County Commission. Neither of them give a damn about their constituents despite their feeble protests to the contrary.

Comander (in my opinion) is distancing herself from the 3 musketeers as she said she would after she was blindsided by Chapman and lost her chair to C. Jones. Sara did the right thing and should get kudos for that. KUDOS Sara!

Nipper proved she IS the peoples representative on the BCC and her questions were centered around the 5000 homeowners who would be impacted the hardest by approval of the DRI. Her comments and questions were thoughtful, well researched and factual in content. Despite being new to all of this and her nervousness, she asked tough questions and was not swayed by double speaking attorneys who tried to make the truth of what was really intended with the DRI as proposed more palatable.

The wildcard, Chapman...was only moved to vote against this by homeowners unwilling to relinquish their property rights to Sandestin. His body language spoke volumes about his internal conflict (whether to approve or deny the DRI) and I think his brain finally realized property owners intended to fight back against the taking of their property. It was the right thing to do Chapman! KUDOS to you also for haltingly taking some responsibility for your constituents. It should never be an internal struggle to do the right thing. :)

As to the majority of those who spoke in favor of the DRI, it did not go unnoticed that most of them were either employees of SDI or homeowners who would benefit from the proposed DRI in the way of "improvements".