• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I haven't figured out exactly who the "locals" are. Most who are permanent residents are people who moved to South Walton from someplace else.
You'll get different answers. Possibly It's a state of mind. But there are true locals who were born and raised in Walton County. And to many of them everyone else is a tourist. :lol:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Grayton Beach lakeside for the kids, Grayton Beach for sunset, The Red Bar (off season) and so many more great spots. We love our oldies but goodies: Goatfeathers for seafood, Cafe Thirty-A for fine dining, Bud & Alley's rooftop for cocktails, Marie's Bistro and Angelina's for family dining, Local Catch for good eats and drinks, Great Southern for breakfast on the porch (and cocktails), Grayton Seafood for oysters and good seafood, La Crema for a special night of food and drink. Louis Louis - a must do for dinner. Marlin Grill for a special dinner and time in Baytowne. SO much! Thai Elephant, La Cocina Mexican Grill, The Bay and Borago! Basmati's in Blue Mountain Beach for one of the best lunch deals, and a really special night out for dinner. Seagrove Village Market Cafe is back in a new building (grouper sandwich!)... Never ending really.

Hidden Gem (one of my favorites of all time): South of Philly (just north of Gulf Place on Hwy 393).

NEW spots to try: Abrazo (old Borago spot in Grayton Beach), Surfing Deer (Seagrove Beach - old V Seagrove location) and Amici Italian Kitchen (30Avenue). Emeril's restaurant coming to Grand Boulevard this spring (rumors are that it is Italian).

Jackalope

Beach Lover
Jan 24, 2015
The Bay, Seagrove Village Market, South of Philly, Local Catch, Cafe Tango. AJ's in Grayton t.b.d but I hope it will be good.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
For healthy counter service, we like Freshii in Inlet Beach, and Everkrisp of Destin (giant tasty good-for-you salads) has announced a second location in the Sandestin area.