• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
There is no failure. There are simply fewer property owners who actually live in the south of the county compared to absentee owners and residents from the north who really don't see or care about the problems we face. No amount of activism can overcome this deficit of voters.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
So they failed themselves because they voted for someone other than who you voted for?

I did not vote for C. Jones, never have, never will.

I did not vote for B. Chapman, never have, never will.

Those that did support these candidates will (and have) start to see the error in their ways, thus = Failure.

Dalton Dr. was only the start.

Remember C. Jones "voted her conscience" against settling the Suzanne Harris Law Suit. That right there is obviously her agenda and not the voters.

Folks, you get what you vote for and we have crap.

Starting to think we always have, always will...

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
There is no failure. There are simply fewer property owners who actually live in the south of the county compared to absentee owners and residents from the north who really don't see or care about the problems we face. No amount of activism can overcome this deficit of voters.

That's not a fair statement. First of all the people of SoWal have historically wanted agenda items on the BCC that directly affect the south end of the county to be held at the Courthouse annex and have not wanted NoWal input hence one of the reasons for "incorporation". Folks in SoWal have historically told NoWal that they could care less what happens north of the bridge and most don't attend meetings up there that affect the north end. Infact for most in SoWal even a drive up to the north end of the county isn't an option because the folks in SoWal have everything they need right where they are.

What folks in SoWal do want and what most in NoWal want also is representation....open, honest government, operated in the Sunshine by men and women who will listen to the will of the people and not developers, BIG money and private agendas.

Either we are one County working for the good of all or we can stay divided by NoWal vs SoWal issues. You can't have it both ways.

On the Dalton Drive issue there was nothing constituents in NoWal could have done to prevent that fiasco and the County Attorney, a developer and 2 commissioners saw to that. Lawsuits will follow I'm sure.

What should have happened back when Cecilia Jones ran again is, people should have listened when they were told about who her backers were including the WCSBA, including a BIG developer with loads of money. People in SoWal should have listened when you were asked to vote for Danny Glidewell and didn't! Cecilia Jones won her seat because of the South end of the County so, you got just exactly what you voted for.

Hindsight is 20/20. Hopefully when her seat comes up again. SoWal will help vote her out and if you feel that strongly about Chapman he won't be re-elected either.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Today's BCC meeting was very enlightening in regard to Cecilia Jones and Tony Anderson's agenda.

Cecilia Jones stated that appointing a special magistrate to hear quasi-judicial matters would "remove" politics" from the process. Commissioner Tony Anderson chimed in and agreed.

These 2 Commissioners seek to remove from the development process the ability of ordinary citizen to redress their government and have a say in how their government and community is governed. Not to mention that the process they suggest will cost the taxpayers more money. They don't want you to have a say even though you voted for them and you pay their salaries. They have already proved that to you on the Dalton Drive issue.

The 2 Commissioners who disagreed with Cecilia Jones were Ms. Comander and Melanie Nipper. The 5th (Bill Chapman) sat there and said absolutely nothing.

This is NOT a North vs South issue. This issues impacts every citizen in Walton County. It's outrageous and I encourage everyone to stand up and be heard. Do not let the BCC get away with this.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
And voters actually thought Puppet Tony cared about anything other than doing as told. Foolish.

True.

I probably should clarify my hastily written post from yesterday also. It was actually T. Anderson who made the suggestion under his time as Commissioner...however C. Jones did chime right in and said it would remove the politics and of course Anderson followed her lead.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Yes that is what he is saying #notmycommissioner he didn't vote for tony so it's everybody else fault "supposedly ".

Again @earl, let me ask you yet another question.

Why do you believe that spending MORE taxpayer money by hiring a special magistrate is the right thing to do?

Sorry, I have more than 1 question. ;)

Why do you believe that the BCC should be allowed to hire an outsider to do the job they were ELECTED to do and charge the taxpayers?

The post which I personally thought was very eloquently written, points out that removing the "politics" by which we should all be governed is preposterous. Charging the taxpayers twice to do their job is also preposterous.

Surely even you would agree that's true.

earl

Beach Lover
Mar 29, 2008
Sowal
Again @earl, let me ask you yet another question.

Why do you believe that spending MORE taxpayer money by hiring a special magistrate is the right thing to do?

Sorry, I have more than 1 question. ;)

Why do you believe that the BCC should be allowed to hire an outsider to do the job they were ELECTED to do and charge the taxpayers?

The post which I personally thought was very eloquently written, points out that removing the "politics" by which we should all be governed is preposterous. Charging the taxpayers twice to do their job is also preposterous.

Surely even you would agree that's true.
Where do you get that I am one way or the other for this ? I answered a question I didn't give my opinion on this topic. Why do you assume that I'm not with you on this topic.

Because I definitely not, But still I didn't post anything about it. You just blasted me about stuff I obviously didn't say read my statement and lay off the pointing fingers. You said in a different thread that we should not judge or something like that, Seams to me you are being a what's that word I'm looking for oh yeah Hypocrite.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Why do you assume that I'm not with you on this topic.

Because I definitely not.

That was patently obvious from your post but thank you for clearing up any misconceptions I might have had. :)