• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I cannot imagine someone submitting to be deposed without a subpoena. The question would be if she was subpoenaed in her official capacity or as a private citizen. If she were in her official capacity then the county attorney or an attorney provided by the county's insurance carrier would represent the commissioner. If she were subpoenaed as a private citizen then she would be responsible for retaining counsel if she needed it. Unless something has recently changed, this is the policy.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I cannot imagine someone submitting to be deposed without a subpoena. The question would be if she was subpoenaed in her official capacity or as a private citizen. If she were in her official capacity then the county attorney or an attorney provided by the county's insurance carrier would represent the commissioner. If she were subpoenaed as a private citizen then she would be responsible for retaining counsel if she needed it. Unless something has recently changed, this is the policy.
Agreed.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida

If she had been subpoenaed in her official capacity as a BCC member your right Danny however, she was not!

Mark Davis (by his own admission) in the documents I uploaded didn't even contact the insurance carrier.

And here is a new twist, the deposition that Cecilia Jones said she needed to review hasn't even been transcribed yet BUT she billed the County having never read the crap she said. It is not available as a public records request at this time. If Cecilia Jones was deposed as a private citizen it won't be available to the public until the lawsuit is settled. If she was in fact deposed in her official capacity and she submits a bill for payment it IS a matter of public record.

Bottom line is, she stuck her nose and mouth somewhere it did not belong. Not her first merry-go-round doing that either. If I recall correctly when she illegally she took campaign signs from the DOT (taken from someones private property) and refused to give them back, when she knew a police report had been filed, she interfered in that as well, ran her mouth to Mark Weeks (literally called him while the police officer was taking the report) who then absolutely just flat out refused to do his job and the Sheriff was contacted. Those signs ended up being dropped off at the State Attorney's Office, picked up by the WCSO and returned to their rightful owner. Mark Weeks cleaned up her silly :poop: in that fiasco and she contacted the State Attorney (not the complainant) trying to cover up the mess she made.

I've said many times that if her lips are moving, she is lying. Watch her sometime in a County Commission meeting...her lips are always moving even when she isn't talking! :blink:

Last edited:

earl

Beach Lover
Mar 29, 2008
Sowal
16838035_10208204394443285_163292539_n.jpg
This is really cute , but that's no way to treat someone that just opposes your views/mentality. It's really sad you have to resort to being vulgar by posting idle threats... good luck with that

Mark Jacobs

Beach Comber
Feb 20, 2017
Freeport, Fl
@Seadune85 maybe this will help you in clarifying things for Ms. Morse. Although I'm sure it will not make a difference, as she will continue to believe Mrs. Jones is part of a conspiracy to scam the county. Let's see how long it takes for her to rebound on this with a rant or simply move on to the next fabricated witch hunt.

Attachments

• 20170220_171931.jpg
    20170220_171931.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 188

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
@Seadune85 maybe this will help you in clarifying things for Ms. Morse. Although I'm sure it will not make a difference, as she will continue to believe Mrs. Jones is part of a conspiracy to scam the county. Let's see how long it takes for her to rebound on this with a rant or simply move on to the next fabricated witch hunt.

I don't think it was a conspiracy. I know exactly what she did.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida

Joined today to upload a document that no one even questioned the existence of? We knew it was on the consent agenda. We know Mark Davis agreed with Jones, that the County should pay this bill. We know Mark Davis pulled it from the consent agenda after being told it was a violation of sunshine law. We also know that if Mark Davis felt so strongly about his position it would have been on the agenda under his time. We know it was not!

We know that the County is NOT involved in a lawsuit with DFS.

Ya'll wanna play these silly little games, that's fine. Pay the bill then sit back and wait for the lawsuit that will follow.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Krika was fired in Sept. 2012 and subsequently filed a lawsuit against the City of DFS for Sunshine law violations because it was alleged at the time that Council members discussed the issue before the meeting and that there were witnesses who saw and heard the council members do this. It was also alleged at that time C. Jones contacted council members at Mark Weeks request (except one who she was not on good terms with) to vote to fire Krika. A comment was also made at the council meeting where they voted to fire Krika, that the decision had already been made. It was a 5 - 0 vote.

All of this stemmed from Clayton Adkinson's move to rehire old City Manager Mike Standley and a background check that was done on Standley that shed negative light on Standley since he left DFS and went to work for Regional Utilities. It was also alleged back then that Standley was actually dismissed from Regional Utilities for sexual harassment complaints and very derogatory comments he made to women also employed there. When that information became public Standley withdrew his application for re-employment with DFS. As I understand it the information turned over to the FBI by Krika also contained information on that background check and it also included the "politics" involved at that time.

In my opinion, NONE of this including the alleged actions of Cecilia Jones has/had anything to do with County business. In fact, I would hazard a guess that other elected BCC members at that time were also unaware of her actions or that they played any part in talking with City Council members about the day to day operations of the Police department. Its none of the Counties business just as it was none of Cecilia Jones business.

Would I expect that Cecilia Jones would tell the truth under oath? In my personal opinion NO, simply because I know what she has done in the past, threats that have been made against citizens and guns that have been pointed at citizens as well, all in an effort to silence citizen rights to question or speak out against elected officials. Been there, done that bought the T shirt!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida