• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

InterFx

Beach Crab
Mar 4, 2017
Seagrove Beach
Will be spending more time down at the beach starting this summer. Have been looking at getting a golf cart, and trying to understand what is really required to get around the Seagrove Beach area. Seems to be quite a lot used, non-street legal carts

Is a street legal golf cart required? I see quite a mix of what appears to be non-street and street legal carts when I'm down there...

Advice? Are there regulations changing?

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
Yes - street legal is required on county and state roads. They are not allowed where speed limit is higher than 35. The county has made more and more of Scenic 30A 35 mph. The section between Seagrove and WaterSound Beach is about to be lowered I saw.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
All comes back to Enforcement...(or in SoWal, the lack thereof).

It's not uncommon to see unlicensed / unregistered carts all up and down 30A. I've seen several being driven by young children with mom and day in the passenger seat, thinking its all OK.

In my opinion the only way to have the WCSO take action on these incidents is to call them and report them when you see them.

Or, my solution is to give the Citizen Services woman, Leah (I think her name is) the authority to do something and I bet she will. She's amazing and is always out helping stranded motorists, directing traffic at crash scenes, etc.

You don't use 911 for this sort of call, use the non-emergency line 850-892-8186.

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
Education and enforcement needs to be a priority, otherwise public's safety and welfare will be a major problem.
I don't have a problem with LSV's unless they are not following the rules of the road; overloaded, improperly licensed and tagged, no seatbelts, unlicensed drivers, etc...
All of this adds to my liability on the road. My hope is WCSO makes a concerted effort to include in its enforcement.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Has anyone been to Pensacola and rode the Gopher Carts?

What a great idea for our area!!!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
They are PRIVATELY FUNDED!!!!

They are also very successful. Used them multiple times.