• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
A ribbon cutting for repaving a road? Are citizens happy our employees are spending time to stand in the middle of a road taking pictures and sending out press releases for accomplishing a basic service like repaving?

Walton County Hosts Ribbon Cutting for Newly Resurfaced Portion of CR30A

On Monday, March 20th at 10:00am at the Ed Walline Regional Beach Access, BCC Chairwoman Cecilia Jones hosted a ribbon cutting for the recently completed resurfacing project on County Hwy 30A between County Hwy 393 and County Hwy 83.

The 2.25 mile resurfacing project was completed by CW Roberts Contracting, Inc., working on behalf of Walton County. This portion of County Highway 30A has been milled, resurfaced, and restriped. This projected was completed on time and under the budgeted amount allocated for the improvements. Funding for this $400,000.00 project was made possible by the Walton County Board of County Commissioners.

"It's been well over 40 years since the original paving of County Hwy 30A. That is why this current resurfacing project is so special to me personally," said Jones. "My family grew up using this road, I raised my family using this road and now my son is raising his family using this road. Generations of residents and visitors tell countless stories and share countless memories of County Road 30A."

On March 14, 2017, the Walton County Board of County Commissioners approved two additional segments of County Highway 30A for resurfacing. These two segments will be funded from the FY16/17 TIF Budget.

"When I was growing up in Walton County, 30A was not completed. There was an area from Grayton to Seagrove where road did not connect," said District 5 Commissioner Tony Anderson. "This went on for several years. I appreciate the past Commissioners voting to spend money on 30A because it is the life blood of Walton County, and look forward to the completion of the next segments."

Segment One is approximately 2.75 miles and is located between County Highway 83 and County Highway 395. Segment Two is approximately 3.5 miles and is located on the east end of County Highway 30A between Camp Creek and US Hwy 98. The projected cost of the two additional segments is estimated at $1,650,000.00. These resurfacing projects are scheduled to begin after Labor Day 2017.

If you have any questions or need additional information; please do not hesitate to contact Walton County Public Information at 850-892-8155.

Ribbon Cutting Picture from Left to Right: TDC Director Jay Tusa, District 5 Commissioner's Aide Laura Ekstrom, County Engineer Chance Powell, District 5 Commissioner Tony Anderson, Public Works Director Wilmer Stafford, District 2 Commissioner and Chairwoman Cecilia Jones, District 4 Commissioner Sara Comander, District 1 Commissioner's Aide Jeff Skipper, Public Works Work Program Manager Buddy Wright, TDC Beach Maintenance Director Brian Kellenberger (directing traffic in the background)

Ribbon Cutting 30A.jpg

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Who's the County Employee in the intersection stopping traffic and not wearing any yellow vest or other attire that one would wear to do such a task?

It's really sad that this is a media worthy event. Doing your job and making a spectacle of it... The Walton County Way.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
A ribbon cutting for repaving a road? Are citizens happy our employees are spending time to stand in the middle of a road taking pictures and sending out press releases for accomplishing a basic service like repaving?

Walton County Hosts Ribbon Cutting for Newly Resurfaced Portion of CR30A

On Monday, March 20th at 10:00am at the Ed Walline Regional Beach Access, BCC Chairwoman Cecilia Jones hosted a ribbon cutting for the recently completed resurfacing project on County Hwy 30A between County Hwy 393 and County Hwy 83.

The 2.25 mile resurfacing project was completed by CW Roberts Contracting, Inc., working on behalf of Walton County. This portion of County Highway 30A has been milled, resurfaced, and restriped. This projected was completed on time and under the budgeted amount allocated for the improvements. Funding for this $400,000.00 project was made possible by the Walton County Board of County Commissioners.

"It's been well over 40 years since the original paving of County Hwy 30A. That is why this current resurfacing project is so special to me personally," said Jones. "My family grew up using this road, I raised my family using this road and now my son is raising his family using this road. Generations of residents and visitors tell countless stories and share countless memories of County Road 30A."

On March 14, 2017, the Walton County Board of County Commissioners approved two additional segments of County Highway 30A for resurfacing. These two segments will be funded from the FY16/17 TIF Budget.

"When I was growing up in Walton County, 30A was not completed. There was an area from Grayton to Seagrove where road did not connect," said District 5 Commissioner Tony Anderson. "This went on for several years. I appreciate the past Commissioners voting to spend money on 30A because it is the life blood of Walton County, and look forward to the completion of the next segments."

Segment One is approximately 2.75 miles and is located between County Highway 83 and County Highway 395. Segment Two is approximately 3.5 miles and is located on the east end of County Highway 30A between Camp Creek and US Hwy 98. The projected cost of the two additional segments is estimated at $1,650,000.00. These resurfacing projects are scheduled to begin after Labor Day 2017.

If you have any questions or need additional information; please do not hesitate to contact Walton County Public Information at 850-892-8155.

Ribbon Cutting Picture from Left to Right: TDC Director Jay Tusa, District 5 Commissioner's Aide Laura Ekstrom, County Engineer Chance Powell, District 5 Commissioner Tony Anderson, Public Works Director Wilmer Stafford, District 2 Commissioner and Chairwoman Cecilia Jones, District 4 Commissioner Sara Comander, District 1 Commissioner's Aide Jeff Skipper, Public Works Work Program Manager Buddy Wright, TDC Beach Maintenance Director Brian Kellenberger (directing traffic in the background)

View attachment 64950
Wow! REALLY slow news day.