• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
Walton County

Walton County Florida offers a variety of Beach Driving Permits, Charter Fishing Permits and Dogs on the Beach Permits for Walton County landowners and/or residents. The procedures for applying for and receiving a permit are outlined and dictated by the Walton County Beach Activities Ordinance 2017-05.

For those wishing to receive a permit, each permitting processes has its own set of qualifications that must be met, and procedures that must be followed. For detailed information, please view the Walton County Beach Activities Ordinance 2017-05.

Additionally, each permitting process comes with it own set of application opening dates and deadlines for applying. As these dates arise, the links to the online applications and printable applications will be available under the headings below.

For a high-level overview, please see the Beach Driving and Charter Fishing Permits 2017 fact sheet.

Please visit the Beach Driving Permits Page for more information and applications.

071118-grayton-014.jpg

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Maybe we can have a glass on the beach permit too.

I still see lots of bottles each day, so let's just "permit" it since it's rarely enforced with a fine.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Maybe we can have a glass on the beach permit too.

I still see lots of bottles each day, so let's just "permit" it since it's rarely enforced with a fine.
I hear WalCo is instituting a new permit for griping
:whinylittlebitch:

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
So allowing glass on the beach is going to help feet remain uncut? Makes little sense.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I've picked up a lot of broken glass on the beach over the years. Haven't been cut yet. Pound on sand... No glass on the beach is a good ordinance, in my opinion, and needs to be enforced.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I see jenksy point. I don't like glass on the beach, not that I go except to pick folks up, but if all some people do is constant negativity it gets old.