• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

HTown

Beach Crab
Jan 19, 2017
Houston, TX
We're considering purchasing a house in Seacrest Beach as a second home. In my search, I'm noticing a few things. One, prices have increased despite an increase in supply. Supply in Seacrest is nearly 14 months! Two, most of the homes are priced well above the comps even though they've been on the market for a huge amount of time. Three, those that have sold usually take at least five months. Any thoughts on the market in Seacrest (or other areas)? This market is not something I’m accustomed to and I don’t like the answers I’m getting from my agent.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Seacrest and Seacrest Beach are 2 different things. Which are you referring to?

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
Where do you get your info and what answers don't you like? I'm no expert but prices are generally going up and sounds like maybe some people in that neighborhood in no hurry to sell.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
We're considering purchasing a house in Seacrest Beach as a second home. In my search, I'm noticing a few things. One, prices have increased despite an increase in supply. Supply in Seacrest is nearly 14 months! Two, most of the homes are priced well above the comps even though they've been on the market for a huge amount of time. Three, those that have sold usually take at least five months. Any thoughts on the market in Seacrest (or other areas)? This market is not something I’m accustomed to and I don’t like the answers I’m getting from my agent.
Rental Property in rental area or not? Rentals seem to be increasing at a higher rate. And it does look like people sit on them. Size(BR and BA) matter also. Good luck.