• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
And this was going on at Butler Elementary...

18254731_10209378710368628_1574135957_n.png

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
And this was going on at Butler Elementary...

18254731_10209378710368628_1574135957_n.png

Oh my gosh.... Years ago we had our young kids attend art camp and yoga camp with his wife until we started getting a very, very creepy vibe from him. He was making propositions to my married friend in front of our kids, with his wife just in the other room. Also we left Butler and went to the Montessori school. Without my permission he used my daughter as a model for paintings that he sold. I had no idea until a friend happened to buy one of the paintings. My daughter is all grown up and just graduated from college. She never has mentioned that there was anything wrong that happened, but I need to ask her. I'm very worried.

Do you know any details of what happened??

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Well, I guess his father is very embarrassed as is his wife. I always liked Bill Jr. and even took up for him in debates when he ran for school board. Having a father who is the State Attorney can not be easy but my guess is he needs help mentally. My prayers go our to his wife who has always stuck by him. My hope is he will resign from the school board to save his family further embarrassment, then get professional help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Oh my gosh.... Years ago we had our young kids attend art camp and yoga camp with his wife until we started getting a very, very creepy vibe from him. He was making propositions to my married friend in front of our kids, with his wife just in the other room. Also we left Butler and went to the Montessori school. Without my permission he used my daughter as a model for paintings that he sold. I had no idea until a friend happened to buy one of the paintings. My daughter is all grown up and just graduated from college. She never has mentioned that there was anything wrong that happened, but I need to ask her. I'm very worried.

Do you know any details of what happened??

I was told that this had been going on for quite some time...like 8 years ago and that other kids complained and nothing was done. Most recently there were complaints made last year.

Comments I've been told were it was mostly inappropriate touching.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Well, I guess his father is very embarrassed as is his wife. I always liked Bill Jr. and even took up for him in debates when he ran for school board. Having a father who is the State Attorney can not be easy but my guess is he needs help mentally. My prayers go our to his wife who has always stuck by him. My hope is he will resign from the school board to save his family further embarrassment, then get professional help.

Suzanne, this is just my opinion and I mean no offense but I think this is a bad case of supporting party affiliation over character, qualifications, principals and ideas.

People knew he had written any number of bad checks ($1000's of dollars worth) his driving records was a disaster, his teaching credentials had been revoked and he was to have no contact with students but he somehow managed to get them reinstated and there is a felony conviction you cant make heads or tails of because so much of it has been redacted. Some of this stuff came out in public forums when he ran and people voted for him anyway and he wasn't the best qualified for the job, he was just the favorite State Attorney's son and his election was paid for by the republican party.

The Radar Group isn't innocent here either and they are powerful. Betty DeVous , the Koch Brothers, Campanella are all about taking taxpayer money for private education and that's what the Radar Group does. They profit from kids no one else wants or can educate either because of learning disabilities, at risk youth or juvenile delinquents etc. and profit from it. I've literally been in the classroom at Walton Academy and those are some of the roughest, toughest kids you'll ever meet. They have no respect for authority, the assignments I saw and handed out looked like something you would give a kindergarten class, if the kids even bothered to do them. Most didn't. They are angry as hell at having to be there anyway and will strike out at anyone in their path. Did I mention the drugs and cell phones? Or wearing their pants down around their butt cheeks and the girls looking like painted trollops, boobs barley covered and my god the potty mouths.

I'm also concerned with the way Education is headed under the Trump Administration (I know you're a Trump fan, sorry) and there are at least 3 members on our current board who also support voucher schools. I DON'T agree at all with taxpayer dollars supporting private edu. Never have, never will.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
This one from NWFL Daily news doesn't mention height so my guess is the first is a typo.

87524.jpg

ACHILLE STEVE ROGERS
Booking Number: 87524
Booking on: 3/30/2017
County: Walton
Date of Birth: 10/15/1947
Race: W
Charges
  • Violation Description: Lewd Lasc Molest Offender >18 Child<12

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I was told that this had been going on for quite some time...like 8 years ago and that other kids complained and nothing was done. Most recently there were complaints made last year.

Comments I've been told were it was mostly inappropriate touching.

Shameful that this was allegedly going on for awhile. If this guy isn't a teacher, what is he doing at the elementary school, interacting with children? Who allowed this?

If complaints were made previously and nothing done, perhaps the past Superintendent has some insight into this as "Complaints being made and nothing done" was fairly common place.

Let's not forget about "Cocaine Teacher" that was on active Felony Probation and employed as a teacher at SoWal H.S.

Perhaps our new Superintendent is taking things more seriously...

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Shameful that this was allegedly going on for awhile. If this guy isn't a teacher, what is he doing at the elementary school, interacting with children? Who allowed this?

If complaints were made previously and nothing done, perhaps the past Superintendent has some insight into this as "Complaints being made and nothing done" was fairly common place.

Let's not forget about "Cocaine Teacher" that was on active Felony Probation and employed as a teacher at SoWal H.S.

Perhaps our new Superintendent is taking things more seriously...

His wife is a teacher at Butler. They have had after school art classes at their home for years and years so this may not be something that happened at Butler, but likely happened to Butler students at their home. He used to teach yoga as part of the art classes. I don't know if he still does--its been at least 12 years since my children attended the art lessons. It's a real shame. His wife is an amazing teacher and person. My kids learned a lot from her.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Suzanne, this is just my opinion and I mean no offense but I think this is a bad case of supporting party affiliation over character, qualifications, principals and ideas.

People knew he had written any number of bad checks ($1000's of dollars worth) his driving records was a disaster, his teaching credentials had been revoked and he was to have no contact with students but he somehow managed to get them reinstated and there is a felony conviction you cant make heads or tails of because so much of it has been redacted. Some of this stuff came out in public forums when he ran and people voted for him anyway and he wasn't the best qualified for the job, he was just the favorite State Attorney's son and his election was paid for by the republican party.

The Radar Group isn't innocent here either and they are powerful. Betty DeVous , the Koch Brothers, Campanella are all about taking taxpayer money for private education and that's what the Radar Group does. They profit from kids no one else wants or can educate either because of learning disabilities, at risk youth or juvenile delinquents etc. and profit from it. I've literally been in the classroom at Walton Academy and those are some of the roughest, toughest kids you'll ever meet. They have no respect for authority, the assignments I saw and handed out looked like something you would give a kindergarten class, if the kids even bothered to do them. Most didn't. They are angry as hell at having to be there anyway and will strike out at anyone in their path. Did I mention the drugs and cell phones? Or wearing their pants down around their butt cheeks and the girls looking like painted trollops, boobs barley covered and my god the potty mouths.

I'm also concerned with the way Education is headed under the Trump Administration (I know you're a Trump fan, sorry) and there are at least 3 members on our current board who also support voucher schools. I DON'T agree at all with taxpayer dollars supporting private edu. Never have, never will.

Lynda, I really thought you knew Suzanne better than that; I can assure you this lady is not going to base her opinion on any party affiliation. As she clearly stated, she thinks he should resign, how is that supporting him? And frankly, I'm disappointed that you want to use this topic for your political leanings.