• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chitown

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2015
There are lots of good builders here and lots of bad ones. The number of builders here has increased ten fold in the last decade. Play the odds and find someone who has been here awhile, has loads of references, good credit, and is not hated by Walco planning department.

Has to be hands on - they will all say they are. Has to recommend a quality window and door and know what waterproofing is beyond just house wrap.

What is your price range and we can give you names. Do you have plans or need design build / architect?

How would we go about checking for good credit and their relationship status with Walco planning department?

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
@chitown, one way to check "local credit" is to ask around at local banks. The builders that shafted the banks after the last crash are to be avoided and you will find that if a bank sees that a certain builder is part of a project that the bank will not finance that project.

You might also check Walton County court records of the builder in question. If they have been defendants in financial related cases, that would be worthwhile to know, IMO

chitown

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2015
@chitown, one way to check "local credit" is to ask around at local banks. The builders that shafted the banks after the last crash are to be avoided and you will find that if a bank sees that a certain builder is part of a project that the bank will not finance that project.

You might also check Walton County court records of the builder in question. If they have been defendants in financial related cases, that would be worthwhile to know, IMO
Thank you! This has already helped!!!

quality hammer

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2008
I have been building homes in the area since the 80's. I have my own crew of carpenters and some of my lead men have been with my company for over 20 years. We know how to keep "mister raindrop" out of your home. Check my web site, www.ficarra.com and I will give you the contact information of any homeowner you would like to speak with. I don't display this information on line for their privacy.

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
You can also go to DBPR: Home Page to see if a builder has had any complaints filed against them or licensing issues.