• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
OK, I'm back to the fries. I really believe that before George bought the place from the original owners that the fries were not coated. Heard he did a test test with some people and they voted on the ones he currently uses. They are quite nasty. The fries at George's, that he use to own were actually some of the best on 30A! Thought when he sold the place the fries would come to the Village Market Cafe. We finally went a couple of months ago and had burger and fries. The burger meat seems to have changed, not for the better, and the fries are still the nasty coated ones. We went this past week and had the crab cake sandwich, the pimento cheese, the fried green tomatoes and a side salad. All were quite good. Stayed away from t he burger and the FRIES. Wish he would change them.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
OK, I'm back to the fries. I really believe that before George bought the place from the original owners that the fries were not coated. Heard he did a test test with some people and they voted on the ones he currently uses. They are quite nasty. The fries at George's, that he use to own were actually some of the best on 30A! Thought when he sold the place the fries would come to the Village Market Cafe. We finally went a couple of months ago and had burger and fries. The burger meat seems to have changed, not for the better, and the fries are still the nasty coated ones. We went this past week and had the crab cake sandwich, the pimento cheese, the fried green tomatoes and a side salad. All were quite good. Stayed away from t he burger and the FRIES. Wish he would change them.
Shows that he has zero concern about the quality of what they serve, IMO. I won't be going there.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
The line to stop patronizing VMC in Seagrove is getting longer...next off season will seal the deal...Tourist will flock and spend, VMC doesn't care if they are happy,plenty to replace unhappy ones....But Locals during off season different story...

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
Lots of locals love it. George cares deeply. He doesn't serve anything he doesn't like himself.

Nevertheless it does seem to be getting away from the backroom kitchen, basic Diner that we all loved for years. If a core of local fans and scads of tourists keep it going strong then more power to em. No shortage of good burgers fries and grouper in SoWal... Just go elsewhere and let's not pile on.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
It hard to beat Hurricane Oyster Bar for a fried shrimp basket!!!! @ $14.00 two sides.
You will not leave hungry, just left and tonight the shrimp where huge.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Not sure what you are suggesting, but the property that is the Surfing Deer was never a park, never intended to be a park, and the owners of the Viridian and Surfing Deer bought that private property for above fair market value quite a long time ago. You could have bought it, also.
I suggest you are wrong not I. Lot 3 was donated as a park in 2006 by the owners, planning and they conspired to build upon a donated public space. It's all right there in the DO.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
A portion of Lot 3, immediately west of Surfing Deer, was donated as a park and it is still not built on. It had picnic tables on it before the new construction and most likely will be restored after the renovation. Again, what I said was the Surfing Deer is not on park property.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Again you are mistaken, lot 3 less the portion of the hotel that 's on lot 3 is to be a park. All of lot 3 is now gone and the County just purchased the leftover buffer space and will call it a park. Freaking joke too since we paid for what we already we given.
It's ok defend these jerkoffs all ya want but truth is they built on a space they gave to the County. No plans ever to donate it either since quite clearly our park never shows up on any drawings ever.
Again planning, innerlight engineering and this developer have screwed us all.
Planning called it an oversite that they forgot it, an 8 figure oversite.
Lastly, how many palm trees are allowable on that site,anyone?....Zero.
Some park, illegal palm trees and above ground utilities. Bought for $10 when it was free.
Yeah nothing to see here

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It sounds like you have a better grasp of the facts than me. It also sounds like, in the end, this 20 or 30 feet of land became a buffer zone and utility easement rather than a "park" that would have been relatively useless to anybody.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
It took me 5 mins to find a missing park and 11 yrs for planning to try and hide it. Everyone is welcome that the site isn't overrun with palm trees either. Not allowable yet made the landscape plan all 35 of them. They purposely overbuilt then insult to injury tried to have TDC purchase parcel down road from them and call it beach parking instead of their overflow parking. Planners Brown and Carpenter have some explaining to do as this is quite the "Oversite"