• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
If locals don't treat our environment right, if we don't take care of our beach, then tourists will do even worse.

Things like this say it's ok to do whatever you want on the dunes for example.

I took out the company name because I'm not in to public shaming but rental companies should know better. Photographers are also top offenders by posing people in the dunes.

inlet.jpg

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
If locals don't treat our environment right, if we don't take care of our beach, then tourists will do even worse.

I took out the company name because I'm not in to public shaming but rental companies should know better. Photographers are also top offenders by posing people in the dunes.

View attachment 65977
You are so right about photographers putting people into the dunes and often on private property. I have never understood that.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
This takes place daily up and down the beach. Vendor chairs are often kept in that fashion.

Code Enforcement drive past this each morning and do NOTHING.

They expect us to go on line and file a complaint using their silly form.

The TDC Code Enforcement is nothing more than an enabler to this behavior when it should be a deterrent.

Need to start taking pics of the photographers and sending those in.

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
I believe that you teach people how to treat you. Continuous lack of enforcement is definitely teaching tourists how to treat the beaches and us.

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
At least the turtles know how to avoid beach vendor chairs! I wish they knew how to avoid mine. I have to take them home each night!

JBBeached

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2008

View attachment 65977

This happens every single day. Nothing is ever done about it. We protect sea turtles and we protect beach mice but we do absolutely nothing to protect the dunes. Tourons thing nothing of hiking through the dunes to retrieve their toys that they should be playing with next to the water or hiking through the dunes as a shortcut back to wherever they are staying. And the photographers taking pictures in the dunes give tourist the impression that it's fine to hike up in the dunes if you want to have pictures taken. They just don't realize that this happens multiple times per day.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Need to write to BCC and to TDC Officials.

Let them know you are fed up and don't want this lackadaisical attitude from officers making a significant salary and benefits.

Spent 5 hours at beach today, not a single TDC or WCSO Patrol came by (Dune Allen Access).

What do these people actually do???

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Need to write to BCC and to TDC Officials.

Let them know you are fed up and don't want this lackadaisical attitude from officers making a significant salary and benefits.

Spent 5 hours at beach today, not a single TDC or WCSO Patrol came by (Dune Allen Access).

What do these people actually do???
I can't speak about the TDC guys, but I damn sure know what the deputies do. Just maybe they are providing service somewhere else that is higher priority than what is going on at Dune Allen.